Button File Reload without having to log back in?

Hi,

In the past I've used FOP 1 with FreePBX in device and user mode to show which extensions are logged in or not. I achieved this by modifying the Perl script that ships with FreePBX to first correctly support device and user mode, made the script check if a user was logged in or not and then fiddled with the FreePBX macro to reload FOP each time a user logon / logoff event occurred.

This was great for outbound call centres where I used device and user mode in lieu of some sort of outbound queue, call centre managers could get a live view of everyone logging in and out - great.

In your documentation I noted a HUP signal is all that is required to get FOP2 to reload it's config, this does work correctly, but end users web pages do not refresh automatically, they have to refresh the page and then log back in again to see the changes. In the mean time the buttons on the page behave rather oddly as the front end display and the back end configuration don't match up I imagine...

I have found with FOP2 the only way to make clients web pages reload when button files are changed is to restart the FOP2 service (kill fop2_server completely and reload), this has a much longer delay to refresh the page than with FOP1, something I wanted to make shorter. I'm wondering if there's a less 'violent' way I could go about forcing a web page refresh that has a shorter reload time?

I've been testing this using Safari and Firefox on an OSX system if the web browser version makes a difference.

Comments

• Hello,

There is no currently a way to force a page refresh. Anyways, it should not be needed. Not sure how are you using device and user mode, but the next FOP2 version will support it.

That means that you can have a screen with all your users, and if they are not logged in they will be shown grayed out (and by a minor css edit they can be hidden).

So, you won't need to fiddle with scripts or macros or reloads. It will be handled automagically.

Contact me privately if you want to test the feature.

Best regards,
  • Hi Nicolas,

I've PMed you about this but I haven't heard a response.

Are you still okay to let me have an advance copy of the new FOP2 code that nativity supports device and user. Very happy to test it!

Simon.
  • Hi Simon,

Check your PM Inbox... best regards,