Configuring multiple servers

I have followed this section of the documentation to configure multiple servers:
http://fop2.com/documentation-configura ... ngMultiple

However, I am having a problem with this part:
Later, on the button definition, you might want to specify the server. If you do not specify the server in the button definition the action you perform will be broadcasted to all servers.
I cannot find anything in the button section about specifying a server.

Please advise.

Comments

• If you use fop2admin for freepbx, you cannot specify servers as fop2admin is not multi server capable. If you configure buttons manually, you add a server like

[SIP/100]
    type=extension
    extension=100
    context=some-context
    label=John Doe
    server=192.168.0.1

(being 192.168.01. the ip of the remote asterisk server that you specified as an additional(s) manager_host in fop2.cfg)

If you want to use the autoconfiguration scripts for FreePBX, you can tweak/modify them to add the server line, but you will have to hardcode the server in it. It is not that hard, it is a plain shell script.

Best regards,
  • server=192.168.0.1

Thanks, I couldn't find this this anywhere in the documentation.

Is it a good idea to specify the server for every button, or is there any problem with messages being sent to all servers?
  • server=192.168.0.1

Thanks, I couldn't find this this anywhere in the documentation.

Is it a good idea to specify the server for every button, or is there any problem with messages being sent to all servers?

Commands will most probably fail when set to the incorrect server, as the specified channel for actions will not exist on that sever. So it is not that important. But there is a chance that commands will do something that you do not want to happen. Mostly when using originatechannel, that is also a must in multi server setups, as Local/somextension@somcontext on one sever might take a different route than on the other server. So, my recommendation is to add the server line to avoid any potential conflicts and not broadcast unnecesary commands to incorrect server.

Best regards,
  • Can someone tell me how to set buttons type=queue in button_custom.cfg for multiple servers.
    The extension type is configured and working.
    This is a copy of the question https://forum.fop2.com/discussion/5088/configuring-queue-multiple-servers/p1?new=1