FOP2 vs FOP1 - same server - freezing on connect attempt

Hi,

I've setup FOP2 to run on port 4448. I have two FOP1 on server currently (running on 4444 and 4445) and i cannot change there ports at this time, so my only option to test FOP2 was to change the port on FOP2.

when i log in to fop2 it asks me to login, and after that it just hangs at Connecting to server, attempt number : 1 ...

Any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• I read on the forums that the swf file looks to connect on 4445 and cannot be changed at this time(although i would wait on Nicolas to confim it)
  • yeah, i can confirm this. changed the fop1 ports last night, and fop2 works now, so does not seem like one can change the port on fop2...
  • Hi,

You can change the port on fop2, but you will also have to specify the web_dir parameter in fop2.cfg to be the same local directory where fop2.swf is installed.

Once you do that, a text file will be created (like the old variables.txt from FOP1) with the port you configured. The flash client needs that file in order to change its default port 4445 to your custom port.

If you do not specify the web_dir, the flash client will only try to connect on 4445.

Anyways, having a text file to specify a config parameter is not elegant... that is why I recommed to change fop1 port and leave fop2 to use the default, that does not require any extra files or permissions.

Best regards,
  • Thanks for clearing that up Nicolas.