FOP2 not updating the Pause / unpause status

Hi All:

FOP2 does not seem to be updating the status of the Queue when it is either Paused or Unpaused. I am running Elastix 1.5.3 and free pbx 2.6

When I check the queue from the Asterisk CLI it does indicate the correct status but it is not reflected in the FOP2 panel. Login / Logout status are all properly reflected in the FOP2 panel ... but ...Pause / Unpause are not.

I tried various ways of adding members to the Queue (SIP / Local / Agent) and they are all being added correctly and paused / unpaused (as indicated by the Show Queues in the Asterisk CLI) but FOP2 does not show it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• If you use FreePBX 2.6 you will have to try with fop2 beta available at http://www.fop2.com/downloads/fop2.tgz

Best regards,
  • I have downloaded and installed http://www.fop2.com/downloads/fop2.tgz and it is the same problem. I read on another post that someone was having a problem with the Login / logoff status not displaying because of an Asterisk parsing change .. could this be related???

As I have previously expressed Asterisk CLI does indicate the correct status only FOP2 is not displaying the proper icon ... I REALLY need a resolution or some guidance as to how to debug this because a project may be in jepoardy because of this.

Please HELP
  • Ok ... I played with this and this is what is happening:

I need to do a Reload for it to work correctly each time... everytime I Pause or Unpause the Queue and I do a reload from the asterisk CLI the status gets updated correctly. I do NOT have to do a reload for the Logon / Logoff to get the status update.

Why is this behaving so differently?????
  • You are using FreePBX 2.6. If you really need this feature now, then you will have to roll back to 2.5. I still have to review the ongoing changes on 2.6 to make all features work on FOP2. I cannot give you an estimate date, there are also some bugs on FreePBX 2.6 with Asterisk 1.6 (Userevents are broken), and that is a freepbx problem and not fop2. I will see if I can track the issue with pauses and update the beta.

Best regards,
  • Hi Nicholas ... Thank you for the update. I know that this is beyond fop2 ... but I have 2 questions:

1. I am using the embedded pbx config of elastix to do the configuration .. will this be affected by the rollback
    2. How should I do the roll back of freepbx to 2.5???

Thank you for all of your help and support.
  • Hi Nicolas:

It appears as if I was incorrect regarding the freepbx that is being used. I checked the Elastix modules and I see the following:

freePBX FreePBX is the most powerful GUI configuration tool for Asterisk. It provides everything that a standard legacy phone system can, plus a huge amount of new features. 2.5.1 11rc elastix-base Installed
    Updated

It appears as if I am using Freepbx 2.51 for the embedded version (which is what I am using to config Elastix). If I launch the Unembedded Freepbx then I see that it is version 2.6 Rc2. So which one is actually being used by Asterisk???

This is rather confusing. ANY help or suggestion will be GREATLY appreciated.

I really do need to get a resolution and I'm willing to compensate you for a solution within FOP2 (if possible).
  • Hi,

I was bitten with that problem myself too. If you update freePBX "outside" elastix yum, then you will run into several issues. I believe you have version 2.6. And it is a release candidate, so it is expected to run into problems. In 2.6 the queue behaviour was modify quite a bit, some fundamental changes (basically, they are using now a special context from calls delivered from a queue). As FOP2 uses the context for queue member tracking, that change broke queue behaviour. In the beta I fixed that, but some other options might still need to be tweaked as they are not directly tied to the queue but affect queue buttons or members....

I cannot help you much, but just point out that is not always a good idea to update to a newer and not well tested version. In any software, it happens with FreePBX, Asterisk, Windows, Linux, etc... Sometimes is better to wait for the update release.

Best regards,