Fine in 1.4 (.29,.30), but does nothing 1.6 just sits there

The flash panel .29 worked perfectly for year or more with asterisk 1.2/1.4. After upgrading to 1.6 it just sits there uselessly.

Lights stay constant green, no errors are given, the problem is that the cli shows nothing when the buttons are manipulated.

I tried upgrading the fop to .30, which is supposed to work with asterisk 1.6, but no go.

Whats the deal?

Comments

• Hello,

FOP1 works with Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6. The deal is that you will have to start op_server.pl with some debug to see if the daemon is able to connect to the asterisk manager and try to troubleshot from there. You can start it with:
    ./op_server.pl -X 15

Now, I want to say that this advice is for FOP, not FOP2.

I want to make this clear because this forum is for FOP2 and I do not want FOP2 users to be confused on the way to start it in debug mode or not.

Best regards,
  • /var/lock/subsys/op_server.pl -X 15

no output
  • It does not seem to be the proper place.. /var/lock/subsys is used for storing pid files, not binary programs. The default location in freepbx is /var/www/html/panel. Look if you have op_server.pl in that location and try it from there.

Best regards,
  • Wow, fast responses. Thank you for the feedback, I didnt have time to include more info

To clarify, the op_panel has been daemonized by putting the redhat startup script in init.d and doing chkconfig --add op_panel, this has worked great.

The connection to the manager interface appears true, the lights don't flash, and status notification works. If you manually dial into a meetme room, asterisk lets you in, and the red letters appear on the flash button. The manager permissions are also identical to a dozen working pbx's we have with the fop installed and fully functional.

The only problem, is that the buttons are not functional for transfers.

In this state the FOP is fine for watching what is going on, as status works, but not for actually transferring calls.

The sip extension's in op_buttons.cfg are identical to other systems, extensions.conf contexts are inclusive, etc,
  • Hi,

What are the permissions you have in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf ? You will have to stop op_server.pl as a service and start it from the command line to capture the output nicely, and then you can try some transfers and inspect the output to look for problems, errors, etc...
    service op_panel stop
    cd /var/www/html/panel
    script eraseme.log
    ./op_server.pl -X 15
    do your tests
    ctrl-C
    exit

You will have the output captured in eraseme.log. Look for "redirect" (that is the command for performing transfers) and the responses to that.

Just to be clear again, these instructions apply to the original FOP, not for FOP2.