User permissions

After editing the config file and setting the permissions and restarting the fop2 service I still see the listen and whisper buttons. Please advise.

/usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg
user=EXT:PASS:dial,hangup,meetme,pickup,record,transfer

Comments

• Can you USE this buttons?
  • You might want to comment the #exec line, but that would also prevent the buttons for being generated. It is better to run by hand the autconfig-users-freepbx.sh script, copy the output to fop2.cfg verbatim commenting the #exec line adding a semi colon and then tweaking the permissions for the user.

Best regards
  • Aww I see what you mean. Here is what I did to make it work.

1. Commented out line from autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh
    #for A in `cat /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf | grep "=>" | cut -d, -f1 | sed 's/ => /:/g'`; do echo user=$A:all; done

That will allow USERS defined in /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg not to get overridden by the execution of the shell script.

Muchos Gracias Nicolas!

Basil
  • I am not familiar with shell script's commands but can someone help me rewrite this:

[color=#0000BF:2dq5m1pf]for A in `cat /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf | grep "=>" | cut -d, -f1 | sed 's/ => /:/g'`; do echo user=$A:all; [/color:2dq5m1pf]

so it will check for an extension or a group of extensions so that different permissions can be set?

something like this:

[color=#0000BF:2dq5m1pf]for A in `cat /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf | grep "=>" | cut -d, -f1 | sed 's/ => /:/g'`; do [/color:2dq5m1pf][color=#FF0000:2dq5m1pf]if ($A=extn1) echo user=$A:all else echo user=$A:dial,hangup,pickup,record,transfer fi[/color:2dq5m1pf][color=#0000BF:2dq5m1pf];[/color:2dq5m1pf]

user=extn1:pass:all
    user=extn2:pass:dial,hangup,pickup,record,transfer
    user=extn3:pass:dial,hangup,pickup,record,transfer

The reason for why this is need is the voicemail passwords will change and the FOP2 user password will not be in sync. Unless there is something else that can automate this that I am missing
  • Hi,

There is a script that replaces autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh and lets you specify fop2 permissions using the voicemail options in Freepbx's extension config screen. You can download it from here:

http://www.fop2.com/downloads/autoconfi ... erm.pl.txt

Rename it to autoconfig-users-freepbx-voicemailperm.pl and set execute permissions to the script. Then you can call it from fop2.cfg using the #exec method.

You will have to add in every extension the voicemail option: fop2=dial!transfer!hangup or whatever permission you like.

Then only the extensions that have the fop2 option set in voicemail will be able to login to fop2 and they will have the permissions you define in the gui.

This method will soon be replaced by a native freepbx module.

Best regards,
  • Hi,

There is a script that replaces autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh and lets you specify fop2 permissions using the voicemail options in Freepbx's extension config screen. You can download it from here:

http://www.fop2.com/downloads/autoconfi ... erm.pl.txt

Rename it to autoconfig-users-freepbx-voicemailperm.pl and set execute permissions to the script. Then you can call it from fop2.cfg using the #exec method.

You will have to add in every extension the voicemail option: fop2=dial!transfer!hangup or whatever permission you like.

Then only the extensions that have the fop2 option set in voicemail will be able to login to fop2 and they will have the permissions you define in the gui.

This method will soon be replaced by a native freepbx module.

Best regards,

When will the native module be ready?

Thanks.