Buttons

Hello,

The installation and registration went great but I can't seem to get the buttons (dial, hangup, transfer, etc) working. Any ideas?

Other than that everything is great, we really like how the Queues are displayed.

I'd be glad to provide any helpful info about our system.

Asterisk 1.6
Trixbox 2.8

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• For Asterisk 1.6 you need to be sure you have the "originate" permission for the manager user in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf

Better yet, add the "all" permission.

You will also probably need to edit /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg and set

blind_transfer=1

If from the asterisk cli you can perform a "show manager command atxfer" and it displays something, then do not use blind_transfer=1 in fop2.cfg. In the other hand if it says that the command is not found, then use it.

Best regards,
  • I have this same problem, I have just tried what you requested but still no buttons within FreePBX panel or fop2. I would really like to beable to get these features working... (recording, transfers, etc.) but so far this has been nothing but frustration from the installation, I have noticed that I (for some reason)after installing it didn't create an fop2 database. Do I need a database for these buttons to show up? Where is the .sql file to create a databse, or is it a .php file?

I would really like to beable to get something to show up, besides the extensions.
  • Hello,

Same problem? What buttons are you missing, the top toolbar or the extension buttons? FreePBX panel (aka FOP1) has nothing to do with FOP2 configuration or toolbar buttons. So I am not sure if I understand your problem.

Installation is not that hard, there is a step by step guide, a sticky post here:

http://forum.fop2.com/esotalk/index.php/19

The mysql database is not created with the make install because you need to enter the proper mysql credentials. The admin knows that, an install script cannot guess the credentials. It is documented in the manuals, and it is not required for fop2 to work (extension buttons to show, or action buttons to show in the toolbar). You can have a perfectly usable panel without a database (the database is used for the phonebook only).

If you can load fop2 and you see extension buttons, but you do not see the action buttons in the top toolbar, that is because you are logged with an extension that is not listed in the extension list. In order to perform actions, you have to be logged as an extension that it is also listed in the extensions section. If you have the 15 button limit and you see extension 100 to 115, and you login with extension 120, you will be able to monitor but NOT control calls, hence the actionbar will be empty.

Follow the above guide step by step for a non frustration install experience. You can also try to catch me online at www.fop2.com live help.

Best regards,
  • Thank you very much, I was ready to blow up the machine. Well that explains why I have no action buttons. And thanks for the guide. Though my problems were solved once I logged in with a user that their extension I was able to see . Guess the jokes on me :lol: :lol: I suppose I will be purchasing the full version, so I can view all of our extensions.