FOP2 (beta) - Lenny - Error: dualvar is only available...

Hi,

I'm not able to start the fop2 server.
Error message:
asterisk:/opt/fop2# ./fop2_server
dualvar is only available with the XS version of Scalar::Util at /usr/local/lib/     perl/5.10.0/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Compress/Zlib.pm      line 9.
Compilation failed in require at -e line 359.

Whats wrong with the setup?

Comments

• Hello,

The problem is with the lenny package that was made with an upgraded CPAN. You might want to try with the etch package. If that fails, try to catch me online and I can point you to a debian lenny beta that it will (hopefully) work for you.

Best regards,
  • thanks for reply, the etch version works fine.
  • Hello,

The problem is with the lenny package that was made with an upgraded CPAN. You might want to try with the etch package. If that fails, try to catch me online and I can point you to a debian lenny beta that it will (hopefully) work for you.

Best regards,

Will there be a future support for Lenny? It's hardly a solution to go with etch when our clients are mostly on lenny. :(
  • Hi,

The etch package works in lenny. You do not have to install etch. Anyways, the next fop2 version will have a correct package for lenny.

Best regards,
  • Hi,
    I've tried to get this to work with the tgz source and the debian etch package but I get a different error:
    root@sli-svr2:/usr/local/fop2# /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test
    Compress::Raw::Zlib object version 2.012 does not match bootstrap parameter 2.020 at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm line 97.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Archive/Zip.pm line 12.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Archive/Zip.pm line 12.
    Compilation failed in require at -e line 359.

Any ideas?