Problem with german charachter set (umlauts)

Hi,

when an extension label include a pattern like 'ß' it prevend fop2 to show the context after login.
When I remove this character from the label it loads the context.
The queue member with the name that contains 'ß' is shown correctly. But when I click the queue the extension of disappears.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks,
Bernd

Comments

• The config files MUST be saved as utf8. You might encounter unexpected behaviour if the utf8 chain is broken. Asterisk does not support that well, so if you use extra characters in a callerid, it will end up breaking the display. The beta version fixes some character issues but with the phonebook, not the main display per se. Be sure to save config files as utf8. There is one place that I have yet to fix (the queue member list), but every other part should work fine with extended characters. Best regards,
  • Sorry, but there is no change in changing the files or string to utf8 in the described behavior. Is it possible to change the strings to html code like this: ß ?
  • Where are you saving the characters? In a fop2 config file or an asterisk one? You can try with thml encoded characters, no problem. But I know a fop2 cfg file will work if you save as utf8. We have russian, chinese, latin1 working with no problems. Best regards,
  • I use the fop2 config files under /usr/local/fop2 and use the following to save them as utf8: vi -c ":wq! ++enc=utf8" fop2.cfg

I wonder why the queue labels are correct.
  • Nicolás, I found the mistake.

It is my php-code that generates these fop2-files. Obviously the files look correct in the vi. But they don't work under fop2.
    When I delete whole content and afterward do ":r fop2_xx.cfg" in the vi the files also work the german umlaut characters.

Strange.

Regards, Bernd
  • I found out the it is not valid to name context as cero '0'. The '@' is also not a valid character with in context names.
    Could you confirm this?
  • Aha! You mean context names? I do not think its advisable to use any ascii above 127 for context names....