Possible Bug With Record Call Function file format

I believe I have found a small bug in how FOP2 handles the Record Call Function.

I am running Asterisk 1.4 and I can have any calls recorded simply by pressing * then 1 anytime in any conversation.
The calls are stored in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor in this format auto-1247113341-XXX-xxxxxxxxxx.wav
the XXX is for the the extension number and xxxxxxxxxx is for Caller ID number.The 1247113341 is the file number. Now anytime a call is recorded I can listen to this recorded call via the recordings tab in FreeBPX. I just log in with my extension and I can listen to any calls that I have recorded and delete them as well. All works well.

Now the problem is when I click on the Record Call Function (which I love because there are no dial tones like when I press on * then 1) it DOES record the call but puts the file in the wrong format. The Record Call Function DOES place the call in the proper directory in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor however it saves it in XXX-1247113454.wav this format which is extension-then file number.wav

The proper fix I believe would need to be saved in auto-file number-extension-Caller ID.wav

If I rename any of the Record Call Function saved files to that file format I now can listen to the recorded calls in the FreePBX recordings tab and also delete them.

I hope this helps.

By the way FOP2 is amazing. I am testing the free version at home I have only 5 extensions however when I will install Asterisk in my office I will get the paid version.

Comments

• Hi,

Thank you for your very detailed analysis. It is not technically a bug, but it would be nice to add a configuration parameter to set the recording file name, so freepbx/ari users can have them available in that name format, while other users might use a different one.

I will consider this a feature request and I will see if I can incorporate the feature into the next release.

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • Yes that would be a very good feature indeed. In the meantime I can always rename the files.

Thanks again Nicolás for the amazing works you have done with FOP2.
  • Hi Nicolás another thing I noticed with the Record Call Function is that when a call stops recording you must refresh the page for the icon to go away. Even if you hang up or click the hang up icon it still shows the record icon inside the extension button.
    The page does not auto refresh you must log out then back in for the icon to disappear.
  • Hi,

Ok, I fixed the sticky recording icon and changed the default filename so it matches ARI format, by using uniqueid-extension.format. I will update the tarballs shortly.

Best regards,
  • Nice looking forward for the fix.

Thanks again Nicolás for all the hard work you have put into the Fop2 project.
  • Indeed thanks for the great work going into FOP2! It is simply fabulous.

Do you have any ETA to put up the new tarballs?
  • Don't tell anyone but the centos 5 32 bit is already updated with that fix... if you redownload you only need to replace fop2_server and fop2.js . The official next release will be sometime next week. I would love to have parking enabled but it is taking longer than I expected.
  • Hi,

Can you confirm that you did indeed update the tarballs. My panel is just installed is behaving as described in this thread, and i downloaded the installs last week.
  • What version did you download? You might want to try with a beta because not all original versions where updated.

Here you have the locations to download the betas:

View Post 179#p697
  • So, I'm running FOP2 - Version 2.11 on an Ubuntu 10.04 install of Asterisk/FreePBX etc, and get the same behavior as the original poster of this message. i.e. g210-1285861047.14.wav

Was this 'fix' reverted?
  • Please look at fop2.cfg where you can set the recording filename to the format you like. The default name will work show recordings on Elastix recording interface. If you need to adjust it so it works with your FreePBX version, feel free to do so. The filename is not a behavior nor a bug, not sure what you expect the file name to be.
    ; Filename to use when start monitoring, you can use ${UNIQUEID}, 
    ; ${ORIG_EXTENSION}, ${DEST_EXTENSION}
    ; and date formats %Y %m %d to construct the filename.
    ;
    ; Settings for modifying the recording filename
    ; Available variables are:
    ; ${UNIQUEID} = Unique Id of the call
    ; ${TIMESTAMP} = Unix Timestamp when the recording was initiated
    ; ${DEST_EXTENSION} = Target extenstion being monitored
    ; ${ORIG_EXTENSION} = Extension/User that started the recording (not
    ;                     the other leg)
    ; Date variables: 
    ; %Y 4 digits year
    ; %y 2 digits year
    ; %m 2 digits month
    ; %d 2 digits day
    ; %h 2 digits hour
    ; %i 2 digits minute
    ; %s 2 digits seconds

monitor_filename=g${DEST_EXTENSION}-${UNIQUEID}
    monitor_format=wav
    monitor_mix=true

• Nicolás,

You're absolutely right - it is not a bug. I'm sorry that I mis-stated it. I simply wasn't using it right.

Having looked, now, at fop2.cfg, and setting it up appropriately for my version of FreePBX, it is working perfectly. Thank you for your help!