Listen & WIsper

Good Afternoon,

Is there a way to dissable Wisper and Listen for selected users to stop some users "listening" to other peoples phone calls?

How would I do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Ok I found the Answer to my own question, kind of.

But a new question as FreePBX installs runs the autouser script and I can restrict access but it only looks like accross the board I can remove accress.

1. Is this improved in the next release?
    2. Is the format of the file changed in the next release?
    3. How far away is the next releaase?

When the autouser script is called, once complete does it return to the orginal script? If so can we "relist" an extensiosn after the script is called to reduce the rights of a a user or group of users?

Thanks

Alan Scott
    www.logicalsolutions.co.nz
  • Hi Alan,

The autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh script is there for you to modify and do whatever you want. You do not need to keep it untouched, you can modify it so it extract users, password and permissions from somewhere else.

The next release is around the corner (have to add one more feature, write docs, package and release), you can download the beta right now, together with the freepbx module that lets you manage users, permissions, groups, etc. The fop2.cfg on the beta has new features, keeping backwards compatibility in format, but is not exactly the same, as there are new permissions and as a new features the option to define group and assign groups to users. The new config options are described here:

View Post 209&p=813&hilit=fop2admin+1.0.tgz#p813