Presence Update

Hello!

Everything in FOP2 installed great! But, I have this issue with the Presence Updating. It seems when I change the value, it requires me to refresh the browser to get it to show. I have scavenged your forums and have found someone else with the exact same issue: [url:sj3fajxk]http://www.fop2.com/forum/View Post 88&p=314&hilit=presence+update#p314[/url:sj3fajxk]

Here is some of my config:

Manager.conf
[fop2]
secret = XXXXXXXXXXX
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
permit=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/255.255.0.0
permit=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/255.255.255.255
permit=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/255.255.255.255
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,originate
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,originate

As a side note: I am running the FOP2 server on a separate server, not locally with Asterisk 1.4. All other functions work great. It is the presence status that is not showing changes when applied. What am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Matt

Comments

• Hi Matt,

Maybe you are using trixbox? If you do, add the "all" permissions to the manager user, reload asterisk, reload fop2 and try again. I found out that the trixbox patched asterisk has some kind of bug/feature that prevents UserEvents from working if you do not have the "all" permission in the manager user. (The 'all' is non standard, it is not required in regular asterisk as far as I know).

Best regards,
  • Hello!

Thanks for the quick response!

I am currently using Asterisk 1.4.18 compiled from source, not Trixbox, in our production environment. I did try the "all" permission to the manager user with no success.

Thanks,
    -Matt
  • Ok, "all" has no meaning on a regular asterisk install. The presence is stored in ASTDB and also broadcasted via UserEvents in the manager. You can start fop2_server in debug mode ( ./fop2_server -X 3 ) and look for those events when you change presence.

On another note, you might want to try with fop2 beta that has some bug fixes.... if you still have problems, try to catch me online at the live help.

Best regards,
  • Hello!

Sorry for the delay of a response. So here is what the debug displayed:
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   -> Action: Command
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   -> Command: database put fop2state SIP/PHONE3070 "Do not Disturb"

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   -> Action: UserEvent
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   -> UserEvent: FOP2ASTDB
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   -> Family: fop2state
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   -> Channel: SIP/phone3070
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   -> Value: Do not Disturb

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Response: Follows
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Privilege: Command
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Updated database successfully
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- --END COMMAND--
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Server: 0

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Event: UserEvent
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Privilege: user,all
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- UserEvent: FOP2ASTDB
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Action: UserEvent
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Family: fop2state
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Channel: SIP/phone3070
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Value: Do not Disturb
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX   <- Server: 0

I have tried the beta ([url:lh7kvia9]http://www.fop2.com/downloads/fop2.tgz[/url:lh7kvia9] (centos 5, 32 bits)) with no success.

Thanks,
    -Matt
  • I can verify this behavior on 64bit as well. The event manager seems fine, but the GUI does not update - unless a refresh and a re-login of the page is done.
  • The standard release exhibits that behavior if you have alpha characters in the sip peer name, like SIP/john. That probelm was fixed on the beta.
  • I see the same issue with only numeric sip users such as SIP/25 and so forth.

Is there a newer updated beta? It's been a few weeks since I downloaded it.
  • To anyone who is having this problem.. if you can let me access your machine I will be able to track the problem down. I will be online at the live help today most of the day.

I think I fixed the fop2 bug. But there are also other situations where the presence update might fail, namely if you use trixbox and you do not have the "all" permission in the manager user.

Best regards,
  • Hello!

I have done some further testing and I can get it to work with alpha characters, but only with sip peer names with all upper case letters. It appears that there is a case sensitive issue with the sip peer name.

Thanks,
    -Matt