Having the phone update status.

Our phones have the possibility of accessing a URI, when they change state, either by DND, ringing or other. It would be very nice to use the phone to change our status in the FOP interface. Is that possible?

Is there some URL I can hit to accomplish that? In which case, what URL?

Comments

• FOP2 does not works as a web service. But if you have a programmable phone, maybe you can also program it to dial a special code, like *78. In that case, and if you use fop2 beta integrated with FreePBX you can have a way to make them work. (but if you set yourself to dnd from fop2, it will be reflected in asterisk but not your phone).

Best regards,
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

Changing my status in the FOP2 planel to "Do not disturb" does not seem to be detected by asterisk. Is there some configuration needed for that?

Edit: I am using asterisk 1.6.2, and have these settings set in manager.conf:
    permit=127.0.0.1/255.0.0.0
    read = system,call,log,verbose,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan
    write = system,call,agent,user,config,command,reporting,originate
  • More on this, I see that it does transfer a message that gets logged in the user interface:

Event: UserEvent
    Privilege: user,all
    UserEvent: FOP2ASTDB
    Action: UserEvent
    Family: fop2state
    Channel: SIP/26
    Value: Do not Disturb

And the database thus shows:

asterisk*CLI> database show
    /fop2state/SIP/26 : Do not Disturb

I can easily enough program me around this for do not disturb, but will I be able to map it with hints?

And on a related note - will there be custom messages such as (out until xx) or similar?
  • You can write any state in the astdb value. As far as the UserEvent is correctly sent and interpreted, and the astdb value too, you will see states in fop2 presence. Regarding hints, that is an asterisk job and not fop2. fop2 beta lets you do some extra coding when you receive commands or events by means of FOP2Callbacks.pm

Best regards,