Some odd FOP2 and Asterisk issues

We've begun setting up an Asterisk system from source, and recently just setup our copy of FOP2 on this. We are not using any GUI front ends for the Asterisk, so all the FOP2 cfgs have to be hand edited.

That being said, here are the two issues so far I have been made aware of, in how FOP2 displays things.
1. When a call is made out, it initially shows the number dialed, then only displays "s"
2. We have set up contexts within FOP2 for various departments. The additional contexts do not display the options at the top to dial, transfer, pickup, etc; what could cause this, and how could we fix this?

Thank you,
Jason A.

Comments

• 1. When a call is made out, it initially shows the number dialed, then only displays "s"

You are probably using a macro for dialing out. You can craft the macro in a way so fop2 picks the right number after dial. Unfortunately I do not have a recipe to do it.

2. We have set up contexts within FOP2 for various departments. The additional contexts do not display the options at the top to dial, transfer, pickup, etc; what could cause this, and how could we fix this?

Be sure that in that context you are logged as an extension that is ALSO listed in the buttons.cfg file. If you login as an extension that is not found in the extension list for that context, fop2 will be unable to map it to a device in order to be able to perform actions, and it will hide the toolbar.
  • 1. When a call is made out, it initially shows the number dialed, then only displays "s"

You are probably using a macro for dialing out. You can craft the macro in a way so fop2 picks the right number after dial. Unfortunately I do not have a recipe to do it.

Great! That's sort of what I was expecting to hear, I'll start hunting around to see what I can do to resolve this.

Be sure that in that context you are logged as an extension that is ALSO listed in the buttons.cfg file. If you login as an extension that is not found in the extension list for that context, fop2 will be unable to map it to a device in order to be able to perform actions, and it will hide the toolbar.

Which explains this. I set up a generic "user" to log in, that doesn't exist anywhere in the Asterisk system.

Thank you!
    Jason