FOP not working: Couldn't load variables.txt?aldope=64572

I noticed this was an old problem on FOP1 concerning adobe flash - http://www.asternic.org/archives/msg03086.html

I seem to have the same issue on my FOP2 install, it has been running fine for quite some time (purchased version), all of a sudden the fop webpage loads with:
Couldn't load variables.txt?aldope=64572

The number being different everytime.

I have tried ./fop2_server -test and manager connection is fine, and it starts/stops just fine, so I think it may once again be an incompatibility with flash.

any ideas?

Comments

• That error is not from FOP2. there is no variables.txt in fop2. The problem with fop1 usually happens when the daemon (op_server.pl) is not running.

In FOP2, if the daemon is not running, you will be asked to enter the extension and password and then it will try to connect but it will never succeed.

Verify your fop2_server is actually running:

pgrep fop2_server

if it is not running, run it by hand in the console to see if it errors out:

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -X 3

(with no --test).

If you get an error about not being able to bind to port 4445, then stop fop1 or change fop1 port to something else so fop2 can run.
  • I think what has happened is a freepbx update has overwritten some of my fop web dir - I renamed fop2 to be panel when I first installed it, so I just recompiled my fop install and it works again.