IP of the Extension

hello,

we use a lot of nokia phone E series gsm/wifi and a good thing for the operator will be to see if the ip of an extension is on the LAN or is on the WAN. To know if the user is here, or not...

also it can be implemented to see the country where the user is, making a whois with the ip of the extension .....

Ciao....

Comments

• I am working on the feature by showing the ip as a tooltip when you mouse over the extension label.. it is more complicated than it seems. Geolocation is a different beast. Although not impossible, it is not that easy either. You need a good geolocation database or service, because of that is not a good option to add for everyone.

If you have any other recommendations on how to add the ip feature please let me know.

Best regards,
  • for the geolocation, i know that on the software ktorrent for example, on debian it use the library "libgeoip1" GeoIP is a C library that enables the user to find the country that any IP address or hostname originates from. And it works well.

also a good thing would be to put a name for a specific subnet, for example:

10.1.0.0/16 Company XYZ
    10.2.0.0/16 Company ABC
    64.56.78.34 Country United States, or the flag

so when the mouse go on the extension label you know where is the extension.