FOP2 Debian Lenny + GNU C Lib: 2.7

Hello,
I like to try FOP2 for our business, and please let me when I could get a release for the following configuration

GNU C Lib: 2.7
Asterisk: 1.6.1.1

I tried installing the package for Debian Etch, but failed.

Thank you for your help.
Babu.

Comments

• Hi Babu,
    Hello,
    I like to try FOP2 for our business, and please let me when I could get a release for the following configuration

GNU C Lib: 2.7
    Asterisk: 1.6.1.1

I tried installing the package for Debian Etch, but failed.

Thank you for your help.
    Babu.

I am working on making packages for popular distributions. Lenny is next in the roadmap. I will try to have lenny available this week.

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • Hello Nicolás,
    Thank you for the reply, and your the fine work.
    Babu.
  • Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that debian lenny package for i386 is available for download.

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • Hello Nicolas,
    thank you. I'll try it out.
    Babu.
  • Hello,
    I'm getting the following error while testing. Does it mean I am using a different version of Perl than you compiled. My perl version is v5.10.0 . Please let me know how to solve it.
    thanks,
    Babu.

root@AsteriskSrv:/usr# /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test
    Compress::Raw::Zlib object version 2.008 does not match bootstrap parameter 2.020 at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm line 97.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Archive/Zip.pm line 12.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Archive/Zip.pm line 12.
    Compilation failed in require at -e line 359.
  • Hi Babu,

It is the same perl version. I am not sure why it is not working for you. I would need to install a "virgin" lenny myself to try it out but it takes a long time. Try to catch me online in the live chat to see if we can work it out together...

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • We were able to fix the problem. Here is the solution for other Lenny users:

You have to update perl CPAN modules, you do it with these commands:

perl -e shell -MCPAN

After typing that you have to answer serveral prompts if its the first time.. You can just hit ENTER until it ends asking questions... then type:
    install Bundle::CPAN

You might get some other prompts, it will take a while. After updating you can type "exit" and fop2_server will work and not complain about Compress::Zlib anymore.
  • hello,

the problem is that the debian lenny package for libcompress-raw-zlib-perl has version 2.012 and 2.015 as unstable but there is a problem with 2.020 as descriped here:

TODO:
    wait for 2.015-2 to hit testing
    WARNING:
    uploading 2.020 would break libio-compress-zlib-perl, which depends on
    libcompress-raw-zlib-perl (>= 2.015), libcompress-raw-zlib-perl (<< 2.016)

so the only way is to install it by own, as descriped above or wait for a new package. Maybe it is possible to build the lenny tarball to use version 2.012 instead of 2.020?

best regards

steve
  • Hi Steve, thanks for the report.

I tried to build it with the default installed version but it failed every time. And I wanted to roll it up quickly, so I ended up updating CPAN. Maybe it is possible to build it with the default version, but believe me, I tried several times and every time it failed. I will keep trying but after I finish with other distribution (namely Ubuntu, Suse and Fedora).

Best regards,

--
    Nicolás
  • ./fop2_server --test

./fop2_server: error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so.5.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm trying to install on Ubuntu 8.04.2 32 Bits

Where I can download the FOP2. Deb?
  • Hi.

I'm also bumping into the error as the other, and I went through updating the Bundle without success. I'm trying to run a trial of this product. Below are the errors I'm getting back.

masterisk:/usr/local/fop2# ./fop2_server --status
    Compress::Raw::Zlib object version 2.008 does not match bootstrap parameter 2.020 at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm line 97.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Archive/Zip.pm line 12.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Archive/Zip.pm line 12.

Is there a solution for this problem already ?
    thanks
    Sergio
  • Hi,
    I am running asterisk 1.6 on debian lenny. I was trying to install fop2, also for testing purposes, when I ran into following problem. I have followed the instructions in this topic on updating perl, but apparently to no avail.. Does anybody have any tips on what to try next?
    # /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test
    is only avaliable with the XS version at /usr/share/perl5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Archive/Zip.pm line 24.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Archive/Zip.pm line 24.
    Compilation failed in require at -e line 383.

thanks
    Toni
  • Hi,

As a follow-up to my former post, this is what I get when I run "/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test"
    is only avaliable with the XS version at /usr/share/perl5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Archive/Zip.pm line 24.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Archive/Zip.pm line 24.
    Compilation failed in require at -e line 383.

whereas, this is the result when I search for Zlib.pm
    /usr/lib/perl/5.10.0/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm
    /usr/lib/perl/5.10.0/Compress/Zlib.pm
    /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm
    /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Compress/Zlib.pm
    /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/IO/Zlib.pm
    /usr/share/perl/5.10.0/IO/Zlib.pm
    /root/.cpan/build/IO-Compress-2.021-jzkkoh/lib/Compress/Zlib.pm
    /root/.cpan/build/IO-Compress-2.021-jzkkoh/blib/arch/Compress/Zlib.pm
    /root/.cpan/build/IO-Zlib-1.10-CrNDdY/blib/lib/IO/Zlib.pm
    /root/.cpan/build/IO-Zlib-1.10-CrNDdY/Zlib.pm
    /root/.cpan/build/Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.020-qHQPJx/lib/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm
    /root/.cpan/build/Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.020-qHQPJx/blib/lib/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm
    /root/.cpan/build/Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.021-FLkIBh/lib/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm
    /root/.cpan/build/Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.021-FLkIBh/blib/lib/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm

Apparently there are some inconsistencies?
    I don't know anything about Perl, so what have I been doing wrong?
    I installed Lenny (64 bit) from a netinstall-iso and installed the dependencies I needed to run Asterisk. I also ran an update of Perl from CPAN, like advised in this topic. Something is eluding me, hopefully it is something simple?

Thanks for your help,
    Toni
  • Hi Toni,

I do not have an exact answer to give you right now. It would be better if you can catch me on the live help on monday. If you can give me access to your machine I might be able to fix the issue. If susccessfull we can document what we did here.

Best regards,
  • Hi Nicolàs,

thanks for your reply.
    Please contact me on amini at cvohz dot be for the access. I have opened a port on the test machine.
    I will be here the next few hours.

Toni
  • debian Lenny + GNU LibC 2.7
    I've experienced the same problem with Perl...
    ...But the Etch tarball seems to work fine !!!

What's wrong ?
  • hi all,

I have the same problem:

asterisk:/etc/asterisk# /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test
    Compress::Raw::Zlib object version 2.012 does not match bootstrap parameter 2.020 at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm line 97.

Does anybody found a solution?

thanks, regards.
  • You might want to update the compress raw zlib perl module:
    #> perl -e shell -MCPAN
    #> install PMQS/Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.020.tar.gz

That should take care of the problem..

Best regards,
  • It works great!!

Thanks a lot :-)