Phonebook message: no way

Hi,
after upgrading to Fop 2.1 everything works fine beside of the phonebook: after pressing the button a window phonebook opens containing just "no way".

I use Asterisk 1.6.2.6 wit FreePBX 2.7
PHP5 and MYSQL is installed an running, database fop2 already dropped and newly installed, new tables configured, user rights set in config.php set...

any idea for the reason ?

Thanks
Kai

Comments

• Maybe php sessions not being honored or misconfigured? Try to catch me on the live help to sort that out. Best regards,
  • I had the "No Way" message when I configured my phone book last week and it turned out to be my Safari had private browsing enabled by mistake. It worked fine in Firefox and was good in Safari once Private Browsing was disabled. Double check your browser settings or try another browser to be sure.
  • I had the same problem and solved it by checking my mysql database. In var/www/fop2/lib/dblib.php i turned debug=true.
    So i was able to see the SQL statment. Because in my (hand made) database the "private" column was empty and not filled with "no", so in my case the SQL returned no data.

The other time i got such an error, because i forgot to update the table to 2.1 structur. So half of the colums were no present.
  • I also have a user with this sympthon.
    Somethings it gives the message 'no way' and sometimes the phonebook does open, but the data is not shown.

He uses Windows Vista with the newest flash player en java version.
    The error occurs in IE8, Firefox and Chrome

I must say that I get the same error message sometimes, but when I press F5 the phonebook comes up again.
    I use Windows XP with firefox
  • The problems are PHP sessions NOT BEIGN honored. That might be a php install issue, where the session directory is not writable for PHP. Or a browser issue where cookies are not being accepted. If you allow cookies from fop2 and the php session dir is working then you are not going to have problems.
  • Hello,

I've checked both and everything is ok.

The users are on a remote site with a SDSL connection of 512kbits.
    Is it possible that a time-out occurs? And is this poosibly a setting in php.ini or my.cnf (mysql)

Regards
  • Hello,

PHP sessions are not related to mysql unless you decide to store them in mysql. A default php config saves sessions in the local hard disk, under some directory. That is on the server side... on the client side you need to enable cookies.

You also need to add the phonebook or all permission to the fop2 user. That works. there is no much else to check.. Try to inspect your cookies in the client. If you do not care to have phonebook permissions edit phonebook.php and comment the "die("no way") line.
    if($allowed <> "yes") {
       //die("no way");
    }