Phantom calls in the queue..

I have updated to the most current fop2 panel, but I am seeing an issue with phantom calls appearing in the support queue. They show as a waiting call, but no number or caller information. I am guessing this must be a fop2 issue, as doing a 'queue show' in asterisk shows there are no active calls.

I will attach an image of what I am talking about as well, any ideas on how to stop this from happening?

Here is the call status output from queue show:

101 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'leastrecent' strategy (27s holdtime, 304s talktime), W:0, C:167, A:11, SL:47.3% within 60s
No Callers

(members list snipped)

Comments

• FOP2 reacts to events. If you see a ghost call then an event was received listing a waiting call. The way to track this is to log those events to catch the one that ends up displaying that ghost call.

As you sure you are using the latest 2.30.05 version? I ask because there is work done on that version to prevent ghost calls from appearing as waiting in a queue, that happens whenever you perform a supervised transfer into a queue (that action generated a JOIN event with channel AAA, but as it was a supervised transfer and the call answered, the LEAVE event has channel BBB listed, leading to that ghost waiting call in the queue as there was no match between join/leave events).

So, check if you have 2.30.05 with /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -v

If you do and you still see those ghost calls, then start FOP2 server in debug mode and try to reproduce the problem, when you see it happening, then stop the capture and send me that log with a description of the call that was stuck, etc.

http://support.asternic.biz/?/selfhelp/view-article/how-to-debug-fop2/10
  • I have run the fop2 server command, and as I thought it is .05:

# /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -v
    fop2_server version 2.30.05

As to debugging the ghost calls, I will take a look at the docs. I am not sure how verbose this debugging is, but this PBX has about 500 extensions, and multiple queues on it, so guessing it could be quite a bit of detail. The one thing that was passwd along to me from an agent, was that when a new call comes into the queue, it's processed normally, and the phantom call resets it's time to 0, but still remains..
  • If you have that many calls, then the log will be super huge and impossible to track/read. Do you know if users are doing transfers into the queue? Or do those calls enter directly the queue from an inbound route or ivr?
  • To be honest, I don't think anyone even knows how to transfer a user directly into the queue, so the only way they should honestly get into the queue is via the inbound IVR pathway.

This is a server you have helped us with recently, as we also use your call center stats pro, so very easy to give you access to take a peek around if desired..
  • The thing is that we must try to catch the problem when it happens, otherwise the log will be too big and really hard to track down... if you want you can contact me via the live help and grant access to the server, I can start FOP2 in debug mode and leave it as is until you notice the problem, where you can stop capturing debug from FOP2 (but taking note on the ghost call you see waiting in your queue). Then I can access your system again and do a quick scan on your logs. Best regards,

• I am happy to run it in debug without you having to sit there and watch it, and I did look at your debugging info page. Any idea what level I need to run it on? I ask as I see there are lots of different options, and wasn't sure if you had something specific we needed to look at for the phantom calls.

FYI, the server was showing 3 phantom calls earlier, and restarting the FOP2 server process of course cleared them from the display.
  • Well, the ideal level to troubleshot is the maximum one (-X 511), but the log will be huge. You should stop capturing as soon as you notice a ghost call (and you must take note on the callerid for that call also so we can try to track it down in that log file).
  • Hello,
    I am having same issue (Ghost call with no number).
    Server is consuming more RAM & processor.
  • hello Admin,
    I am having 35 active channels / Calls but 1195 Ghost calls.

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -v
    fop2_server version 2.31.15