Running FOP2 for the first time.

Hi,

I recently installed FOP2 for the first, however when I go to run it I get the following error:

# /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test
-bash: /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server: cannot execute binary file

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Two possible problems:
    1. Binary file is corrupted. Reinstall.
    2. Binary not compatible for hardware/platform. Like trying to run 64bit code on 32bit platform. Install correct version.

Regards,

Michel.
  • Another posibility is answered in the FAQ, if you have /tmp mounted with "noexec" fop2 is not going to run as is. Type "mount" in the linux cli to look for /tmp and if it has the noexec option or not.

You have to set some enviroment variables and create a special temp directory for it to run. Please check the FAQ for the solution.
  • Thanks for the help guys, turns out I had the wrong version installed, for those of you still new to Linux use the command uname -a to determine whether you are 64 or 32 bit.
  • Hi guys,

This is my first time running FOP2, I have installed everything as guided by the online manual.
    Somehow, I couldn't run the fop2_server, and I got the followings:

Can't run with DEBUGGING Perl at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 253.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /tmp/par-root/cache-f0a3f11efb4858d29f477772e1bc9d218df72f95/inc/lib/Filter/Crypto/Decrypt.pm line 37.
    Compilation failed in require at script/fop2_server.pl line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/fop2_server.pl line 1.
    [failed]

At first, I thought this could be the issue of the non-debugging perl? But, when I try to install perl-5.8.5 and I have got a lot of conflicts and warnings. And I have found that I am running on newer version of perl-5.8.8.6

So, can anyone please advise me how could I fix my problem?

Thanks and best regards,
    Chu
  • What linux distribution are you running ? You do not need to update perl, but be sure to install a non debugging version. If you install the same version over, you need to force the rpm update.
  • I don't think this is a good practiice to install a non-debugging version perl just because FOP2 alone making alot of complaints. If I did that, then I am covering up all posible errors and warnings. This is definitely not a good concept in software development.

You see, i have many many other applications running on the same server also calling the perl and why all without any errors? So why only FOP2 alone is giving me so much warnings?

No, thanks, I am not going to recemmend your product till you have a better version.

Best regards,
    Chu
  • Hi Chu,

I already replied to you via email. It's a software protection issue as FOP2 is not open source. If you want to run with a debuggin perl, you can always use FOP1.

Best regards,