FOP 2 with OpenVZ

Hi,

I'm using FOP 2 in an OpenVZ virtual machine. To get a license you need a MAC-Address. I read set it is possible by using a veth device. As I am using a clustered setup, it is not easy to set up a veth device for me. Is there any other way I can get a license? In my scenario a veth device just for licening is oversized.

Rgs,
schogge

Comments

• No, there is no other way. The veth device is dummy, it does not need to be up. But it provides the valid mac address.
  • I successfully licensed fop2 with a veth device with no ip. Thanks for this info.

After licening it is no longer possible to start fop2 with "service fop2 start" as it was working befor. I can start fop2 with "/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server &".

Any idea how to fix this? I'm on centos 4.

Rgs,
    schogge
  • No idea why the service will break.. does it give you any errors ? If you want to background the server when running it by hand it is best to use the -d switch instead of the last &
  • service fop2 start
    says "ok", but the service is not starting or it terminates right after starting with no error message.
    Same with -d switch. No error, but the service is not starting.
    With "/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server &" in /etc/rc.local fop2 starts automatically after reboot and is working without any errors so far. Do you think I will have any disadvantages with this solution?
  • No disadventages as far as I know, but it is not very practical. It would be nice to know the error! Can you try:

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -X 511 -d

and see if it produces any output ? Be sure to kill your running instance first.

Best regards,
  • /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -X 511 -d
    gives no output and the server is not starting