Login clarification

I just installed FOP2 to evaluate it and initially had difficulties logging in. I found I could log in with a master key but not the user's password.

master_key=5678

user=101:1234:all
user=201:1234:all

[SIP/201]
type=extension
extension=201
context=from-inside
label=Office
mailbox=201@default
extenvoicemail=7201@from-inside-redir

[DAHDI/5]
type=extension
extension=101
context=from-inside
label=House Phones
mailbox=102@default <-- this is intentional as the house analog line shares a mailbox with another sip phone
extenvoicemail=7102@from-inside-redir

I found another thread that suggested I should be using a voicemail password instead. This allows user 201 to login with the voicemail password, while user 101 has to login with the setting in fop2.cfg instead of mailbox 102's password. Can someone point me to the rhyme and reason behind credentials and why/why-not the password in fop2 gets ignored? How did the VM credentials get invoked and whats the point of a fop2.cfg password if its going to reject it outright?

Comments

• nevermind, i found the problem:

#exec autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh

this was re-creating a user (# makes it look like a remark in vim)

Might I suggest putting a ; in front of it for default as its shipped and let someone uncomment it if they are using freepbx?
  • Hi,

Well, 80% of the users ARE using Freepbx (being included in trixbox, elastix, piaf, etc). Maybe I have to make a bold remark in the documentation and in the FAQ about the #exec scripts.

But today was hell, it still is. We are out of power for several hours already, I got the services working but not the way they should be.

Regards,
  • well when cookbook'ing your instructions... one gets to the segment that instructs someone to create users with passwords. If you are going to ship it with the script that parses voicemail.conf for dynamic users, it is here that I think the breakdown occurs. Perhaps a warning in the instructions in the section discussing creating users directing them to comment out the script if using static users here?
  • Hi,

I have just updated the documentation adding a note to the section you mention. Please review it and let me know if you think its ok. I believe it is. And thanks for the suggestion!

Best regards,