Connect contacts/phonebook Yeastar S50 to FOP2 database

Hello,
I'm very new on fop2, mysql and Linux, but i'm learning fast..! Just purchased an fop2 license to connect it to our Yeastar S50 IPPBX. I'm wondering if there is a way to connect (or get) the contacts from Yeastar into fop2? Now we have to maintain two seperate databases..
Thanks,
Victor

Comments

• Hi,

Currently there is no way. I have no idea if Yeastar makes their phonebook accessible from remote applications via some kind of API, if so, there might be a way. If not, we are out of luck as it will be up to Yeastar to open up their contacts database somehow.

Best regards,

• Hi Nicolas,
    Clear explanation, I will ask them.. What is in your opinion the best (and quickest) way to fill the fop2 phonebook?
    Kind regards,
    Victor

• Hi,

You have an export/import options in the sandwich menu in the contacts window, you can import a CSV file with a format like this:

firstname,lastname,company,address,email,phone1,phone2
    John,Doe,Enron,Some Address,some@email.com,5551234,12345678
    Mary,Poppins,Astra Corp,Other Address,other@email.net,12650348,

• Super.. Thanks, I will give it a try! =)

• Hi Nicolas,
    I've created an Excel (O365) File with the above fields, but saving it as .csv doesn't work. At the import FOP2 gives a warning that there are no field to import. Do you have an tutorial to create such an .csv from Excel?
    Thanks
    Victor

• Hi,

I posted a valid example of a file in my first reply, check your csv from excel, verify that separator fields are like the example, if not convert them, add the header on the first line indicating each field, and try again.

• Hello Nicolas,
    The problem was that Excel used ";" as a seperator instead of ",", now the csv file could be imported. Importing them into the 'Contacts' was successfull, 132 records added but none of the imported contacts are shown in the contacts list!

• Do you have the 1st header line as in the example?

• This is the first line:
    firstname,lastname,company,Address,email,Phone1,Phone2,Other Number

• You might want to check if you have entries in the visual_phonebook mysql table, with the command

mysql -u root -p asterisk -e "select count(*) from visual_phonebook"

You need to enter mysql root password to get the result.. does it show 132 records or similar? or zero?

• This command gives this error:
    Error 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'asterisk'

• mysql -u root -p fop2 -e "select count(*) from visual_phonebook"

• Hello Nicolas,
    This is the output from that command:
    count(*)
    This is the user which I entered manually in fop2..
    So, it seems that the import didn't succeed regardless of the succesfull import of 132 records (green) message

• Hi,

Can you send me in private your csv file so I can try it myself?

• Hello Nicolas,
    Did you receive the file?
    Victor

• Hello Nicolas,
    How are you?
    I'm sorry I have a concern why I cannot login my server http://ipaddress/fop2 with credentials created on FOP2 manager http://ipaddress/fop2/admin, I check database and it's added there. The only way to login is to use the details I added in file /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg with format like 123:123:all, I have been struggling for this case for some days but still didn't figure it out, hope you can assist me on this

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file