Zap or Dadhi Trunk (Elastix 1.5.2)

I am pretty new to Asterisk so please be forgiving.

I am really impressed by FOP2 so we decided to buy it. I know that when I had the buttons auto configured the ZAP/DADHI trunk never showed as being in use.

In freepbx it list a PRI trunk as being ZAP/g0 (DADHI compatability mode) . Dadhi is installed and in use on the sytem.

Running the script to create buttons it creates

[DADHI/1]
type=trunk
label=DADHI
channel=DADHI/30
channel=DADHI/31

What is the correct setup for this trunk? DADHI or ZAP?

Comments

• Hi,

You probably need DAHDI, but it seems you have the autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh with a typo for Zap trunks... look for the line:
    asterisk -rx "zap show channels" | grep -v from-internal | grep -v pseudo | grep -v Language | awk '{print $1}' | tail -n 2 | while read LINEA

and change it to:
    asterisk -rx "zap show channels" | grep -v from-internal | grep -v pseudo | grep -v Language | awk '{print $1}' | tail -n +2 | while read LINEA

(Add the plus sign before the number 2 and after "tail -n ").

Finally restart fop2:
    service fop2 restart

Best regards,
  • I am not using the autoconfig script. Is there any way to determine for sure whether I need DADHI or ZAP?
  • If you do a "show channels" in the asterisk console when making some calls and see DAHDI/xx, then you have to use DAHDI. If you see ZAP, then change it to ZAP.

Anyways, the auto config script is creating your trunk incorrectly, as it only shows the 1st channel and the last two. If you write the config by hand it should look like:
    [DADHI/1]
    type=trunk
    label=DADHI trunk
    channel=DADHI/2
    channel=DADHI/3
    channel=DADHI/4
    channel=DADHI/5
    channel=DADHI/6
    channel=DADHI/7
    channel=DADHI/8
    channel=DADHI/9
    .. {snip } ..
    channel=DADHI/30
    channel=DADHI/31

• Okay, I put in the appropriate code but it still never shows any channels being in use.

I even tried setting to
    channel=DADHI/1-1
    channel=DADHI/2-1

Still no luck.
  • Hi,

That is not correct, you have to remove the "-1" suffix from the channel name. Use only DAHDI/1, DAHDI/2, etc.

Best regards,
  • I guess I was unclear I tried it both with and without the /1.

IE I tried first DADHI/1
    DADHI/2
  • Okay, simply user problem
    DADHI != DAHDI

enough said...
  • Digium choose that name to make our lives easier!

Zap is harder to mispell: ZAP, AZP, PAZ

But Dahdi : DADHI, DAHDI, DHADI, they all look the same!