Trunks not showing change in registration state

@nicolas
Quite some time ago, when I installed FOP2 on another system, we exchanged emails about getting FOP2 to show the registration status of trunk like it shows the presence status of extensions (it dims when the trunk loses registration)
I tried finding the old discussions on the Forum but could not so I assume they were lost in the transition to the new forum - understandable since they were a while ago.
I am looking to install FOP2 on a new system (I will get a license when I get it working with the Demo version).
I have extensions and trunks properly showing their activity status and extensions showing when the extension is available or not (green or dimmed) and the trunks showing when they are active. But if a trunk loses registration, the trunk button stays green, not dimmed.
I am wondering if there is a EVENT I can add to the user configuration created in the AMI that would let the registration status be reflected in the button?
Something added to the list of eventfilters like

eventfilter=!Event: ExtensionStatus

That is in the user definitions file for FOP2 ?

Comments

• @Ramblin said:
    @nicolas
    I tried finding the old discussions on the Forum

I found the old exhange you and I had - back in 2013
    forum.fop2.com/discussion/1919/unregistered-and-diabled-trunks-still-showing-on-fop2

It did remind me of some things I had forgotten, like the need to use a "real" extension - not a "fake" one created just to enable FOP2 to connect to Asterisk - if you wanted to see the toolbar at the top of the FOP2 Panel.

So I changed to using a real extension for signing in with FOP2 Panel and, sure enough, the Toolbar appears and it all works.

So you did try to help but I do not think I was knowledgable enough to know what to do with what you were saying.

Let me use what you said back then and see if I can get that working. I'll let you know.

• @Ramblin said:
    Let me use what you said back then and see if I can get that working. I'll let you know.

@nicolas
    I have discovered something that may make sense to you and if so, could you please explain it to me?
    When i I looked through your old post, you talked about adding channel descriptors that might be different than the ones in the button label.
    So I tried changing the trunk names to see what that would do.
    Well, in messing that up, I guess it made too many attempts with incorrect credentials on my trunk provider because I was booted - for about an hour.
    When the trunk provider disabled the trunk, the trunk button on the FOP2 panel dimmed.
    When I disabled the registration at my end, the trunk button on the FOP2 panel did not dim.
    So apparently, only when the trunk is rejected by the trunk provider does the trunk button on the FOP2 panel dim - which is fine by me.
    Does this make any sense to you and if so, can you explain why?