DAHDI extensions doesn't show status

Hello all,

I've 5 DAHDI extensions and 2 DAHDI trunks at openvox A800.
When I call to external number, the trunks button was red, show "used" and show the destination number correctly. But the caller extension (DAHDI extension), for example, DAHDI/1 doesn't show any status, it continues green and available.
I'm using frePBX based system.

What configurations should I've to do, to show the status of DAHDI extensions ?

In my concept only getting the line tone by DAHDI extensions, the FOP2 should show as used, right?

thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Leandro.

Comments

• Hello,

I have seen FreePBX installations where DAHDI extensions are saved in the database as ZAP. The fop2admin module will inherit what it is saved on the FreePBX tables for those extensions. I am sure your problem has to do with that, you will have to update the tables so those extensions are saved with the DAHDI device instead of ZAP. Or you can manually edit just the fop2buttons table, as I really do not know if you can break things on freepbx if you alter the devices table by hand doing that change.

Best regards,
  • Thanks to reply.

What about this topic:
    View Post 158,
    I understood it must work as you said me....
    This modification can be did by script modification? like autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh ?

I've openned a new topic at freepbx forum too. Maybe someone help me, and this modification should be a new fix to newer versions.. :D
    http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/ti ... nnel-issue

Thanks a lot.

best regards,

Leandro.
  • Hi Leandro,

What I said was in regard of the fop2admin freepbx module. If you do not use the module, you have to tweak the autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh script by hand, and change zap to dahdi where appropiate.
  • I'm sorry,

I think I didn't understand....
    Using the fop2admin freepbx, it will look at database, and bring the extensions using the database values (ZAP extensions), because the freePBX uses the database. So I need to uninstall the fop2admin freepbx module and install using the tar file? Using this, the FOP2 will show the buttons using the autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh script, because this script is called when one operator access fop2admin. Am I right?

Thanks a lot by your help.

Best regards,

Leandro
  • I recommend you to use the fop2admin module. To fix the issue, edit by hand the fop2buttons table and change ZAP for DAHDI where appropiate.

With no fop2admin module there is no database at all, and you might need to tweak the autoconfig script by hand too, it is much better to use the module, and it is also easier to update the mysql table.

The problem I describe is because FreePBX lists the device as ZAP/X in the devices table instead of DAHDI, and fop2 "inherits" that value.

Best regards,
  • It's working.... but, at fop2 it doesn't be red when someone "get a tone" (in analogic phone). I'm getting a red button only when I call to some place.
    Is it possible?
    I got DAHDI channels working at fop2 doing:

update fop2buttons set device="DAHDI/5" where fop2buttons.id=11;

thanks a lot admin.

Best regards

Leandro
  • It's working.... but, at fop2 it doesn't be red when someone "get a tone" (in analogic phone). I'm getting a red button only when I call to some place.
    Is it possible?

Glad you have it working... FOP2 will display the button red when Asterisk signals it as being UP, or when a Bridge/Link event is detected. If you do not get it when you get the tone, it is asterisk does is not signaling as UP via the manager.. I do not remember if there is a setting to signal the channel as up as soon as you get the tone. It's been a couple of years since I configured and FXS interface.
  • Really sorry to delay....

the asterisk will detect when a Bridge/Link event is detected.But when I reload the config by FreePBX, the configurations turns back to ZAP/xx.

regards,

Leandro
  • I've got this working perfectly.

First I've created the extensions as DAHDI/<number_of_channel>, for example: DAHDI/3. I was creating this as ZAP/3, so it was writing at MySQL as ZAP/3.... make sence...
    I still had the DAHDI/g0 created as OUT_1 at extensions_additional.conf. How I'm using the freePbx module, I got at freepbx ==> tools ==> Fop2 Buttons:
    Zap/Dahdi Channels (Eg: 1-24): 1-2, because I've two interfaces to PSTN.

Now the fop2 is working perfectly and the status is showing how it should.

Thanks a lot.

I hope this post help someone in the future. :D

regards,
    Leandro