Issues with FreePBX 16

We had a freepbx 15 install with fop2 and it was running fine. We upgraded to FreePBX 16 and since we have been having issues where freepbx admin interface would become unresponsive. Also at that time, calls could not be un-parked (not sure how that relates). If we go in and restart the FOP2 service, things return to normal. So there is at least some interaction with FOP2 causing it. We are running FOP2 2.31.31.

Comments

• Hi,
    FOP2 only connects to Asterisk AMI and consumes events from there. It should not affect other GUIs like FreePBX one... perhaps AMI becomes unresponsive and that affects also the GUI? In any case, you might want to review your manager user configuration and see if there are proper eventfilters define as described in the documentation (also see if you use a specific user like "fop2" instead of "admin" on manager credentials in /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg )

My guess is that there is some kind of AMI overflow of events that can be somehow controlled via configuration, but it is a guess, cannot say without actually looking at comlete configuration and perhaps some FOP2 debug logs.

One thing that I often see that case AMI floods is the combination use of:

1) Queue Static Members
    2) RingAll Strategy
    3) Queue configured to not skip busy members

The above will generate a flood of AgentRingNoAnswer AMI events in a way that will saturate everything, not only FOP2/AMI, but also asterisk itself, its logs, the queue_log, etc. You might get one event per second per agent for every waiting call. A way to check that is to grep the queue_log file for RINGNOANSWER and see how many events you have compared to no RINGNOANSWER events, if the count is really out of proportions, you might want to review your queue strategy and member configurations, or perhaps add the AgentRingNoAnswer in the fop2 manager user eventfilters.

All of what I said above about queues and strategies is not related to any particular updates, it happens with any FreePBX / Asterisk version.

Best regards,