Sound notification for incoming calls

Hello,

Is it possible that if any extension (not only own one) will ring that the sound will be played from FOP2 page?
The point is if the operator is not looking at screen he/she will not recognize incoming call and can not intervene in timely matter.
Using FOP2 V2.10.

Thanks and Regards,

Daniel

Comments

• It is technically possible, but I have to be very careful on how to impolement it, or your machine could crash trying to play a lot of sounds at the same time. If you have a ringgroup with 40 phones, for example. I am not a fan on adding sounds at all... but it is a "sometimes" requested feature.. How do you imagine the feature to be?

Someone asked to have sound alerts only when a new call is queued...
  • Hello,

Thanks for quick replay.
    I see your point. I saw the post about the queue.
    I would imagine single peep should be enough but it can be configurable like adding optional option in buttons.cfg per extension/queue etc. "peep=yes" and some minimum interval not to peep all the time (maybe 5 seconds or configurable).
    I fully understand that it need to be used carefully, otherwise it will be annoying and not usable.
    But the point is as the requester for queue wrote the operators have also another things to do and do not see the screen all the time.

Thanks and Regards,

Daniel