Using IAX2 channels as extensions

I'm trying to set up a multi-branch customer service center. I've got FOP2 working fine with local channels.

We've got several branches that we call out on IAX2 channels. They are set up so we dial with a 4 digit code to get to the location, and then whatever extension in that branch we want to call. For example, if we dial 8102216 on the phone, it will dial extension 216 at the branch we have set up on 8102. All inter-branch call functions currently work with this setup using the phones. (transferring calls, meetme, etc)

I'm wondering how I could implement these IAX2 buttons in FOP2, if I wanted to transfer a call to 8102216. I don't necessarily need the callerid or line status info. I'm just wondering if I could use these buttons so the operators will be able to transfer a call to these remote locations with FOP2. Is this possible?

This is the asterisk console when I call 8102216 from extension 2416:

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
-- Executing [8102216@sip:1] Dial("SIP/2416-0000170a", "IAX2/iax-out-stanphx/216,,t") in new stack
-- Called iax-out-stanphx/216
-- Call accepted by xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (format gsm)
-- Format for call is gsm
-- IAX2/iax-out-stanphx-1805 is ringing

Thanks for any help.

Phil

Comments

• When you are on a call, just type the number you want to transfer the call to in the dial box in the toolbar and press ENTER:

And the call will go wherever your dialplan is set..

Best regards,