Parking slots not showing up

I am currently running 2.11 after upgrading from a previous version that specifically doesn't support call parking. After the upgrade, parking doesn't work for me. I even did a fresh install of 2.11 and parking still doesn't show up.

I can get the call parking section of FOP2 to display if I add the following code to bottom of autobuttons.cfg:
[PARK/default]
type=park
extension=70
label=Parking
context=parkedcalls

However, this only shows slot 70 which is the extension parked calls are transferred to. 71-79 are the actual parking slots, but they aren't shown. Therefor, I am unable to see what calls are in the parking lot.

I have the FreePBX plugin installed, but under "Parks" in Fop2 Buttons, the only thing shown is 70 with a blank input box next to it. Should there be some parameters in this box? Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

Park calls will show as a list in the only park button you see. You do not have one button per park position, but only one park button. You should see parked calls there, but if you transfer using sip native attendant transfers, there is a problem/bug between asterisk and fop2 that makes the call disappear as soon as it is parked. If you blind transfer or use fop2 to park calls you will not have this problem.

Best regards,
  • Thank you for the reply. However, I am still unable to get parked calls to show in FOP2.

After your first reply, I decided to update FreePBX and Asterisk. When I first posted this issue, I was running FreePBX 2.4 which is quite old. Now I'm at FreePBX 2.8 and Asterisk 1.4.22. Unfortunately, FOP2's behavior is exactly the same.

Is there any info I can provide you with to troubleshoot this? It would be nice to get FOP2 working like it's intended. Call parking is done as a blind transfer with speed dial keys. ##70#
  • I am not sure what your problem is. FOP2 will display parked calls as long as the parking is done in a way that the parking action is not originated from the same channel that is doing the park. This happens if you use fop2 to park calls, and it also requires the extensions_override_freepbx.conf file being installed as it includes the fop2park context.

If you park using sip native transfers or supervised transfers, when you dial the park slot you are parking yourself, that park is destroyed as soon as you hear the parking slot on the phone, and fop2 reflects that channel being destroyed and removes the parked call from the park list. In the next release I did a small hack (something I did not want to do) to monitor for self parking channels and fop2 will try to figure out the real parked channel when that happens. This seems to fix the problem when transferring using attendant transfers.

But if you use blind transfers, then you should not have problems either.. so I do not know what is really your problem.

Best regards,
  • I disabled the FreePBX module and rolled my own buttons.cfg file (as I did in earlier releases). Well, everything works now exactly how I want it. I don't know if there is something wrong with the FreePBX module, but it was causing a problem for me. Just FYI.
  • If you did not see the parking button at all, it is probably because the Parking button might have an empty label. Any button with no labels will not be displayed. You can fix that just by putting some label in the fop2 buttons page for the parking lot. Maybe that was your problem? Best regards,