Stuck on 'Connecting to Server'

I had installed FOP2 on elastix v2 and bought the license and it was working very well, in the office is a server running mandrake linux acting as a firewall etc, the old IT guy was fired and they didnt have the password for this machine so we managed to reset the password and removed some of the firewall rules such as port 22 access there was no rule for port 4445 or anything but now we can no longer login to FOP2 i have tried adding firewall rules but to no avail i cant get to it via the LAN or via VPN i get the login box but no further any ideas as im stuck!

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,

I am not sure if I follow your exact situation. If you want to access fop2 from the internet, being your asterisk/fop box on your local lan, you must not only allow port 80 and 4445 but also redirect the ports to your internal asterisk box.

The login box will appear if you have access or not to that port. You can know if port 4445 connection is open if you enter incorrect data in the login box and you are prompted again for login. In the other hand, if you see: attempting to connect 1,2,3,4,5.... then access to port 4445 is blocked (of the fop2_server is not running).

Best regards,
  • Hi

No i am trying to access it from the LAN or via VPN which used to work now for some reason it just wont connect any more even though it shows the server is running
  • OK looks like its fixed after taking out the linux box acting as a router and putting in a 'proper' router things are back and working :D :D