FOP2.11 Lite - Buttons.cfg Limitation?

I have FOP v2.11 Lite installed, with the FOP2Admin FreePBX module. If I use the autoconfig scripts, then I don't have any buttons. But if I use manual fop2 and buttons cfg files, then I'm ok if I make sure the extensions are lower than 105 or something.

Here's my test settings in fop2.cfg:
group=Support:SIP/1111,SIP/1112,SIP/1113,SIP/1114,QUEUE/101,QUEUE/102,QUEUE/103,QUEUE/104

user=1101:12345:all:Support
buttonfile=buttons-auto.cfg

I run "./autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh > buttons-auto.cfg" to create the buttons-auto.cfg file. I don't get any buttons unless I edit the buttons.cfg file and remove enough entries that I'm below 104 (or something, it's getting late)

I noticed another post that said I needed to edit the autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh script to change -ENB to -EB. I did that, but I don't think that is affecting what seems to be a limit.

Is it a limit of the Lite version to only allow a certain amount of button definitions, in addition to only showing 15?

Comments

• There is no limit in the .cfg files themselves, you can have 200 buttons defined, but only the first 15 buttons will be shown. If your problem happens only when using the fop2admin module, you can track the problem down by running the autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh script, as it will read the databases and generate the config file, if there is any problem it will be apparent in the script output. If you are doing changes between manual and automatic config, remember that if you leave both the #exec line and a buttonfile definition, both configurations will override each other, and you will get unexpected results.

Best regards,
  • That's what I was trying to say.

I have tracked the problem down by manually running the autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh and piping it into buttons-auto.cfg.

See my fop2.cfg file above. There are no #exec functions in the fop2.cfg. You'll notice that I have a group set up to only show 8 buttons out of the 100 in the buttons-auto.cfg file.

When I log in as user 1101, there are no buttons displayed.

If I edit buttons-auto.cfg and remove some extensions (it doesn't seem to matter what extensions) so that there are a total of 104 button definitions, only then are the 8 buttons from the group displayed.
  • The problem is that the 15 button limit is not for DISPLAYED buttons, but order of buttons

if you have in your buttons.cfg file

button1
    button2
    button3
    button4
    button5
    button16
    button17

You will only see the first 15. You will never ever see buttons16 and below. No matter your group settings.

You cannot "game" fop2 by having small groups. If you want to display buttons on a group that are in fact in position beyond 15, you must register.

Best regards,