Change password

Hi, Is possible that the user change the password.

So, I've configured the login and passowrd to user connected with FOP2 and use it, but a cliente tell me that is possible that he could change the password without having to edit the file.

So, is possible to have a dynamic password, each user gets his??

Thanks

Comments

• As FOP2 can be configured by your own scripts, there is no way to change the password from FOP2, you will have to modify the password from the place FOP2 is reading it.. If you use freepbx with no fop2admin module, the password is the voicemail pin, so if you change the voicemail pin you are also changing the fop2 password. With the fop2admin module passwords can bet set on the fop2 users page and that password will override the voicemail pin, but you have to change it from the module itself.

Best regards,
  • Ok, that you tell me, using password of voicemail is very interesting, that is a easy way to client change password.

How can I do it?? Without feepbx..

Thanks
  • Look at the autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh script, it will work regardless if you use freepbx or not, but also look that it outputs as the last line:

buttonfile=autobuttons.cfg

So, you can rename your button configuration file, or change the autconfig-users-freepbx.sh script to use another name..

Finally, in your fop2.cfg you only have to add the line:

#exec autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh

With no user or buttonfile lines..
  • Ok thanks... I'll try it.