Login suddenly fails

Hey,
I've been using FOP2 for almost a year now, and then suddenly I cannot login anymore.
I don't remember changing anything, not even in the firewall (which I already tried stopping completely).

is there a relevant log I could use to search for the login problem?

Comments

• How does the login fail? It asks again for extension or password? or it cannot connect to the server after entering the login information? To look for valid users to login, run /usr/local/fop2/autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh . If you enter the credentials once and the it tries to connect to the server and fails (and you are not prompted again for the extension/password), then the problem is that your web client cannot connect to fop2 server, and that can happen for a number of reasons, all of them described in the FAQ and this forum several times:

1) fop2_server not running

2) port 4445 filtered on some firewall

3) no flash player or flash blocker on your browser

If you updated freepbx, the update will make FOP1 listen to port 4445, and that will create a problem as you cannot have two applications binding to the same port, in that case you must change fop1 config so it uses another port, edit /var/www/html/panel/op_server.cfg, uncomment the listen_port line and change the port number to 4444 or similar.

Best regards,
  • How does the login fail? It asks again for extension or password? or it cannot connect to the server after entering the login information? To look for valid users to login, run /usr/local/fop2/autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh . If you enter the credentials once and the it tries to connect to the server and fails (and you are not prompted again for the extension/password), then the problem is that your web client cannot connect to fop2 server, and that can happen for a number of reasons, all of them described in the FAQ and this forum several times:

1) fop2_server not running

2) port 4445 filtered on some firewall

3) no flash player or flash blocker on your browser

If you updated freepbx, the update will make FOP1 listen to port 4445, and that will create a problem as you cannot have two applications binding to the same port, in that case you must change fop1 config so it uses another port, edit /var/www/html/panel/op_server.cfg, uncomment the listen_port line and change the port number to 4444 or similar.

Best regards,
    after entering the ext & pass, it was just attempting repeatedly to connect without any success.
    I've restarted fop2_server and now no matter which ext & pass I try, it returns to the login form.

it cannot be a port issue, since I already tried stopping the firewall completely.
    I did try running /usr/local/fop2/autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh which did not help.
  • is fop2_server running ?

pgrep fop2_server

is it listening to port 4445?

netstat -lnp | grep 444
  • yes to both:
    # pgrep fop2_server
    # netstat -lnp | grep 444
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4445                0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      12505/fop2_server

• If the server is running then you have a problem accessing port 4445 from your browser machine, or your flash player is not working. You will have to check for firewalls, be sure you have opened/redirected port 4445 to the server if its behind nat, and check for flash blockers or similar in the browser. You can also try with another browser. If you want to rule out possibilities, try accessing from another machine, if you still have problems, then you might have some firewall in the network or port 4445 is not redirected, if you can connect with other machine/browser, then your problem is with your desktop, look for personal firewalls, flash blockers, flash player installed and the likes.
  • If the server is running then you have a problem accessing port 4445 from your browser machine, or your flash player is not working. You will have to check for firewalls, be sure you have opened/redirected port 4445 to the server if its behind nat, and check for flash blockers or similar in the browser. You can also try with another browser. If you want to rule out possibilities, try accessing from another machine, if you still have problems, then you might have some firewall in the network or port 4445 is not redirected, if you can connect with other machine/browser, then your problem is with your desktop, look for personal firewalls, flash blockers, flash player installed and the likes.
    FOP was working perfectly for almost a year until this morning.
    as already mentioned twice, firewall is OFF on the server.

I've tried with 2 different browsers from 3 different machine & 3 different ext/pass.
  • You can have network firewalls, or you can have personal firewalls in browser machines although it would be rare to have them in all 3 machines. Try telnet to port 4445 from your browser machine. It must connect. If you can give me access to your fop2 machine I can try to access it myself and help you troubleshoot, catch me on the live help tomorrow if you can. Best regards,
  • I forgot one thing that can cause problems, that is rare but can happen, if you use accented characters and your button configuration is not saved as utf8, you will have that problem. The solution is to save the files as utf8 or not use those chars in button labels.