Transfer to Cell Phone

Our receptionist uses FOP2 to transfer calls to a person's phone or directly to their voice mail.
We would like the ability for a third transfer option to transfer to cell phone for urgent calls.

We generally use VMX locator, so this would be like transfering to voicemail, and then hitting 1 which dials out.

Comments

• There are too many possible locations to transfer too, as the transfer happens outside the "phone" level but on the pbx level there is no way to dial numbers once the call is redirected.

If your receptionist knows the cell number from memory, she can type the number in the dial box and hit enter to do the transfer.. it is not very convenient but should work. If you have other ideas on how to implement the transfer to an alternate location without adding clutter to the UI, I am open to ideas.
  • I would suggest another (optional) button on top. We have transfer to extension, transfer to VM, and I'd like to add one more transfer option. (to cell phone)

The functionality is in iSymphony, but I find the drag and drop function and the complex screens to hard to use.

I have two interns available who can do the coding
    Bob
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:broswell@syssrc.com">broswell@syssrc.com</a><!-- e -->
  • The feature is now implemented on FOP 2.20