trunks not showing any activity

On our Elastix installation I recently just got fop2 up and running. It now is not displaying trunk activity at all (both inbound and outbound are not getting shown). However the trunk buttons got auto generated fine and are present. Also extensions and queues are showing activity as intended.

Wondering where I should be looking at for why this would happen?

I do have callevents=yes set in sip_custom.conf as mentioned in the elastixconnection guide (and queues have events turned on too). However if I need events for the trunk I am missing where I need to adjust that setting.

Comments

• You have to see if the trunk buttons are being generated with the correct name (run autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh in the command line and look at the config for them), and compare them to asterisk names when doing a "core show channels", if they match, they shoud work.
  • When doing such I see:

[SIP/Bandtel-1]
    type=trunk
    label=SIP/Bandtel-1
    queuecontext=from-queue

[SIP/Bandtel-2]
    type=trunk
    label=SIP/Bandtel-2
    queuecontext=from-queue

however when looking at sip show peers (right now no channels are active so it displayed nothing)

Bandtel-1/<our internal number>

same goes with Bandtel-2

Does FOP2 strip account numbers/extension off of the trunk or is it trying to match for the whole thing?
  • Upon looking at this further it looks like sometimes it does in fact catch calls and display on the trunk. However the majority of the time it is not catching which trunk the call came through.

All our inbound routes are going to either an IVR or call queues if that may help at all.
  • trunk details will be shown when they are bridged to some other channel/device, or when they are reported as state UP by the asterisk manager. Many times trunks are not bridged and NOT reported as UP, so fop2 will not show details about them.
  • And be sure to do a "core show channels" to see the actual sip channel name for your trunks, remove the -xkisjsjs from the end and you will get what fop2 will look for as a device name (the same name you need to have in the button configuration file, between brackets).

Best regards,