Call Pickup not working (fop 2.11 and 2.20, Debian Lenny)

I have just installed FOP 2.11 (not registered) and have set up 4 extensions. I run Asterisk 1.4 on Debian Lenny with a home-made configuration (I don't use FreePbx or other pre-packaged installations).

FOP seems to work, but it fails to pick up channels, both ringing or already answered.

When I try to pick up a channel, my phone rings, and when I answer the call (on my phone) drops, and the original call (the one I was trying to pick up) remains where it was.

Looking at the Asterisk console, I get this log:

Extension Changed 11 new state Idle for Notify User 12 (queued)
Extension Changed 11 new state Idle for Notify User 12
== Setting global variable 'PICKUPMARK' to '12'
Extension Changed 11 new state Ringing for Notify User 12
> Channel SIP/11-007b1f20 was answered.
Extension Changed 11 new state InUse for Notify User 12
> Launching Pickup(12@PICKUPMARK) on SIP/11-007b1f20
-- No channel found 4096.

Anyone knows what's wrong? As a new FOP user, I don't have any insight on how FOP handles call pickups.

Comments

• Try to update to 2.20 and see if the problem persists. What you see is what fop2 is using for the pickup, it sets a variable and then tries to find an extension based on that variable (pickupmark). 2.20 is better in that respect as the varialbe is set on the channel (and not globally).
  • Sorry, it did not work. I get quite the same error:

== Setting global variable 'PICKUPMARK' to '13'
    Extension Changed 11 new state Ringing for Notify User 12
    > Channel SIP/11-00778aa0 was answered.
    Extension Changed 11 new state InUse for Notify User 12
    > Launching Pickup(13@PICKUPMARK) on SIP/11-00778aa0
    -- No channel found 8192.

I assume that 4096 (before) and 8192 (now) are non-casual numbers. That is, isn't it strange that I get exactly two "notorious" powers of 2? Maybe something's wrong in my Asterisk setup and the pickup command does not work?

I have been using PickupChan instead of Pickup in my setup, and it works, like this:
    exten => _**XX,1,PickupChan(SIP/${EXTEN:2})
    and this method works.

Is there something I can try? How can I trace what FOP is doing when picking up a channel?
  • I have done some tests, and I have found that it seems that the Pickup application on my Asterisk (Debian Lenny package) is broken. If I use "dpickup" application (from bristuff) I can make it work as it should (by hand, not from FOP, because I have not tried to modify FOP to make it call dpickup instead of pickup). Maybe the pickup application should be more configurable in FOP. Is there some way to make it call dpickup instead of pickup?
  • No, there is no way. Fop2 will work with standard/stock asterisk applications. Pickup works on most systems, it should work on yours too.