FOP2/FreePBX on VPS

Hi!

I installed FOP2 and bought the license. I've read one or two of the posts here and found how I could bind the registration to a specific network device. However, it also said in the post that it has to be a valid Mac address. I get "Mac address invalid". I currently have my FreePBX hosted by another company via VPS.

How can this be overcome?

Comments

• I have this same issue.

I am on a VPS and have had to restore from a backup image after making changes with "undesirable outcomes".

When I restore the the image and boot up FOP2 shows as unregistered despite it being the same OS etc as 20 mins before the restore and having the same IP and FQDN.

I am AGAIN unregistered. SIGH!!!!!!!!!

Jason
  • For everyone reinstalling, before formatting or restoring the image, please REVOKE the license first, the code will be then available for reuse when you restore from backup:

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --revoke

Virtual Machines do not mantain same MACs, or Host ids, even after restored from images or whatnot.

And it is NOT THE SAME issue for both posts, the 1st issue is that the VM does not have a valid eth0 interface, in those case, you can create a dummy one on the host os (see FAQ), or you can specify the interface you want to tied the license to with the -i command line option. Supose you use openvz:

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -i venet0:0 --register

(ALL of these commands are in FOP 2.20, if you use FOP 2.11, please upgradre).