Phonebook fails after FOP Framework update to 2.8.0.6

First of all, FOP2 is a great tool, gratz for that, we appreciate it a lot. Its been working perfectly for a couple of days.

After a Fop Framework update to version 2.8.0.6 via the FreePBX Module Admin the Phonebook stopped working. Which means clicking on the phonebook button in the top right opens a popup without content, no progress bar or sth, not even an error message after waiting for a couple of minutes, just the "close" button at the bottom works.

Unfortunately I cannot downgrade the FOP Framework via the Module Admin. The only benefit that update brought was that FOP1 works correct now (did not update when new sip clients registered, so we only saw our four testphones registered from the beginning, is running on port 4446 by the way)

So far my debugging:
- fop2_server --test says everything is ok
- mysql -u fop2 --database=fop2 -pXXXXX -e "desc visual_phonebook" works fine
- the mysql query log does not get any queries when opening the phonebook in the gui
- fop2_server --debugLevel=5 did not provide any helpful information

Any help welcome, I'm kinda stuck on this one :/

Comments

• The phonebook is the only php part of fop2. Check your apache error log file for php errors or something similar. fop2 server is not related to the phonebook itself, you can try it also by just pointing your browser to /fop2/phonebook.php

Best regards,
  • Thanks, good hint, my fault, there was a typo in the config.php, unfortunately this brought me to another error. I can see the phonebook data, but above it says:

notice
    /var/www/html/fop2/lib/dblib.php (line 233)
    mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource

Also the dropdown below the dial box does not open up.
  • It seems there is still a typo, or that your mysql credentials or config are not correct. Did you create the phonebook database? is the mysql user, pass and database name correct in config.php?
  • I reinstalled fop2 via make install which seems just to create new config files. Filled in the credentials and everything works again. Thanks for the fast reply, great support!
  • Good to hear..

perhaps you made a symlink in fop2 to panel , in that way, you are sharing the location between fop1 and fop2, and after the update several files where copied over?

If you want to replace /panel with /fop2 the best way is to use an apache alias, as described in the FAQ. That way you can update the fop1 framework without modifying the fop2 files, and every link to fop1 will open up fop2 instead.

Best regards,