FreePBX DND / dial plan hints / [app-dnd-toggle]

Hi there,

I bought and installed Fop2 (installed 2.11, intalled 2.20, back to 2.11)
I have an issue with the [app-dnd-toggle] macro provided in /usr/local/extensions_override_freepbx.conf and copied into /etc/asterisk.

The system is Asterisknow 1.7.1 with Asterisk 1.6 and FreePBX upgraded to 2.8.0.8.

The replacement [app-dnd-toggle] does not update the dial plan hints, at least not the *76nnnn (where nnnn is the extension). For the DND feature, I configured a BLF button on the phones thats dials and monitor *76nnnn. That way, the user knows right away if he/she is in DND mode by looking at the status light, and the other users on other phone see that extension status light busy.

So, without [app-dnd-toggle] in extensions_override_freepbx.conf, when pressing the DND button, it toggles ALL of: the the FreePBX SIP/nnnn&Custom:DND status, the LED next to the DND button and the busy LED on other phones for the extension (a view of the SIP/nnnn&Custom:DND hint). It does not change the Fop2 status.

Now with [app-dnd-toggle] in extensions_override_freepbx.conf, when pressing that button, it toggles the Fop2 status, but does NOT toggle the LED next to the button, and does NOT update the *76nnnn dial plan hint. I have not checked yet the status of the nnnn@ext-local hint, as the lack of update of the *76nnnn@ext-dnd-hints makes the macro unusable.

asterisk*CLI> core show hints
-= Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints =-
*7404000@ext-cf-hints : Custom:DEVCF4000 State:Idle Watchers 0
4000@ext-local : SIP/4000&Custom:DND4 State:Idle Watchers 9
*764000@ext-dnd-hints : Custom:DEVDND4000 State:Idle Watchers 1
*454000*1@ext-queues : Custom:QUEUE4000*1 State:InUse Watchers 3

So, in order to gain the DND status in Fop2, I have to sacrifice the LED status by the DND button on the phone. That does not work for me. Please help!

Thanks

Comments

• extensions_override from FOP 2.20 includes hints and state for all dnd macros, including toggle. Just use that version instead of the one from FOP 2.11. You can even use it with 2.11 if you do not want to upgrade the whole enchilada.

Best regards,