event_mask issue

With the default configuration setting, where the event_mask line is commented out, the status of calls would be sporadic. For example, an inbound call would show on the queue but would not always show as ringing to a user or even picked up by the user. When this happened, the call would also never appear to hang up in the queue button until a new call comes in. I was able to resolve this by specifying items in the event_mask.

The fop2_server doesn't appear to be able to handle the entirety of what is being spit out by the asterisk manager or maybe the volume of real-time messages on the version of asterisk is clogging up the works. I can only get normal fop2 functionality by filtering events.

My question regarding this issue, what event items are needed for what FOP2 functionality?

freepbx 2.8.0.4
asterisk 1.8.2.1
fop2 2.20_beta
fop2_admin 1.2.2

Additionally, not all of the items appear for all users like the preferences and logout buttons for example. It doesn't matter if I specify all or specific permissions for the user in question. This isn't as big a deal as long as the call controls work (transfer, listen, record, etc) but any thoughts would be appreciated.

I know... I'm living on the bleeding edge, but most everything appears to be working well.

Thanks,
Ty

Comments

• Your problem is not the event_mask in fop2.cfg but probably the manager permissions in /etc/asteirsk/manager.conf. Add the "all" keyword both to read and write, reload asterisk, and try again.

Regarding the buttons, they will appear if the user has the proper permissions, how are you managing your users and permissions ? My recommendation is to use the fop2admin module if you use freepbx and nothing else. IT WORKS. If not, you have some misconfiguration.

The logout button will be displayed for everyone, no matter permissions. What you might have is a cached web page on some browsers, so you end up by looking at fop 2.11 pages instead of 2.20. Be sure to clean the browser cache, or try with a different browser (if that works with another browser, it is then a cache issue in the browser... if you use a proxy, you might have the fop2 pages cached on the proxy.).
  • In the manager.conf settings, both read and write are set to all. I am using the fop2admin plugin. I'll flush browser cache and verify buttons are working correctly with the permissions set. But call status doesn't work unless I explicitly specify event types in the event_mask config item.
  • If event_mask is commented, it defaults to "all", if you limit the event mask you will miss some events... I do not know why are you having problems, just live event_mask commented, it should work fine. Are you connecting to AMI locally? or via wan / slow link? You can always start fop2_server in debug mode, but that will make it slower, but will help you see if events are getting corrupted, or the ami connection reset.

If you are running FOP1, disable it, it will make AMI perform better without an unneeded extra connection.