FOP2 User Madness

I have FOP2 2.11 installed along with the FreePBX module for that version.

I am able to create users and groups and assign permissions with no problem, works great. Except....

I have one extension that no matter what I add or remove it never gets any buttons. Even from the mysql CLI I see that that extensions permissions are set to all, yet I get no buttons. I have deleted it, readded it, changed it only to 1 or 2 buttons then back to all and nada, no buttons ever.

+----+
+
+
+
+
| id | context_id | exten | secret | permissions |
+----+
+
+
+
+
| 4 | 0 | 203 | | all |
| 31 | 0 | 218 | | all |
| 28 | 0 | 205 | | all |
+----+
+
+
+
+

218 never gets any buttons.

Comments

• permissions do not affect button display. but groups can. To verify your user configuration do not query the database but run the autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh script in the linux command line, and you will see the users, password, permissions AND groups assigned to them.

/usr/local/fop2/autoconfig-users-freepbx.sh

Inspect the user 218 from the output generated by that script..

Best regards
  • Thank you very much for the quick reply. This is what I get

group=Customer Service:SIP/200,SIP/201,SIP/202,SIP/204,SIP/206,SIP/217,SIP/219
    user=203:6818:all:
    user=205:2144:all:
    user=218:2972:all:
    buttonfile=autobuttons.cfg

Still nothing
  • Not sure what to say. It should work, if it does not have groups assigned, it will display all buttons. Try to catch me on the live help if your panel is reachable via the internet to do some tests..
  • Thanks again for your help!!

Yes the extension was not visible after use with autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh. Just moved it higher.