FOP2 not reporting status of trunks/phones with init script

When I start FOP2 via /use/local/fop2/fop2_server -X 15, the trunk status in my test works fine (when I call in I see the channel)

When I start FOP2 via init script, it starts, I can access the portal and login, but no changes exist to my trunk list when calling in.

This is on CentOS5, using FOP2.20

Also: Just bought a third copy of FOP2 for the same server due to the issue below:

I noticed when trying to remove the old registered license (we are upgrading and reinstalling software on the asterisk server) from the previous version, the command does not work. I assume this is a new feature in 2.20, can you tell me how to recall the old licenses for future use?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi,
    When I start FOP2 via /use/local/fop2/fop2_server -X 15, the trunk status in my test works fine (when I call in I see the channel)

When I start FOP2 via init script, it starts, I can access the portal and login, but no changes exist to my trunk list when calling in.

This is on CentOS5, using FOP2.20

The way you start fop2 should not affect "some" of the AMI events. Did you see any other activity at all, like extension state, voicemail indicators, etc? In two cases I detected a problem when starting fop2 before asterisk is fully booted, where the AMI stops responding or sending complete status. But it affects all of the states, not only trunk details. I was not able to find the exact cause, nor to reproduce the issue on my servers. If you do not see any status at all you can add a "service fop2 restart" at the end of your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and see if that fixes the issue.
    Also: Just bought a third copy of FOP2 for the same server due to the issue below:

I noticed when trying to remove the old registered license (we are upgrading and reinstalling software on the asterisk server) from the previous version, the command does not work. I assume this is a new feature in 2.20, can you tell me how to recall the old licenses for future use?

Thanks in advance

If you mean "revoke" instead of remove, then yes, it is a new feature. You cannot revoke old licenses. But you can reuse the code on new installs for same version. Upgrades to 2.20 should work ok, unless your copy is older than one year. Not sure what problem did you have exactly? If you are upgrading, just download 2.20, extract and run "make". If the upgrade fails, tell me the error you get exactly.

Best regards,