Action Buttons

Hello,

The action buttons across the top do not do anything. I tried debugging and everything else I could find on the forum. What are the different things that can cause a button to not work (whisper, dial, transfer, etc.) The only one that seems to work is the hangup button.

Running trixbox CE with Asterisk 1.4.22-4

Comments

• Perhaps you are not using them correctly. FOP2 controls *your* extension. So, you must be sitting right next to the phone configured with that extension (or have that softphone working), as most of the actions buttons will work with your extension first. If you originate a call, that extension will ring and then things start to happen. If you are not near that extension, or if that extension is not registered, actions will fail (except for hangup or record).

The other posibility is that your manager permissions are not correct, in that case the way to troubleshot is to look at the fop2 output while performing actions and look at the events. You can stop the fop2 service and start in debug mode with the following commands:

service fop2 stop
    /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server -X 15

And then login and try to perform some actions, and inspect the output for clues.
  • Thank you Nicolas... You are correct!

It is working from the extension but it does not show the active call for some reason... so I cannot see when someone is on the phone... What is your advice?
  • Status will work if your manager credentials and permissions are correct in fop2.cfg / manager.conf. To check:

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test

And do not play with the "event_mask" in fop2.cfg unless you know what you are doing, because you will be filtering events that might be vital for fop2 status display. Just leave it commented inf fop2.cfg.

Starting fop2_server in debug mode will always help, as you will see the actual AMI events that make fop2 work (and the potential AMI errors or problems).