Reinstall FOP2 (Buy version) problem

I try reinstall fop2 on another server. but how can I transfer the licence?

new server fop2 version is 2.20
old fop2 server version is 2.11

I always got error:

Serial code already used on another hardware.
If you want to revoke the previous license, use the command:
./fop2_server --revoke

I try run ./fop2_server --revoke at old server, it wont work.

I also try remove the fop2.lic file at old server, but it still give me same error at new server

Please help me!!!

Comments

• upgrade to 2.20 on the old server, then run the revoke there, and finally install on the new one.
  • how do I upgrade to 2.20 on the old server? just copy the file cover the old file?

Is there any esay way like remove the file or key to disable the register at 2.11?
  • The easiest way is to update: download, extract and type make. after that run the revoke. You can try to catch me on the live help for assistance, the forum is not "fast" enough. Best regards
  • The easiest way is to update: download, extract and type make. after that run the revoke.

I want the old fop2 still work but working as demo mode. Is it possible? and, Is command "make" clean my current setting for buttons and users?

Thanks for help
  • The update does not overwrite configuration files, and after revokation it will run in demo mode.
  • Hi,

We also might need to transfer a license (as we are moving from one server to another). The problem is that we want to get the new server set up and running first (as a clone of the old server), and make sure everything works before pointing traffic to the new server. So, for a few hours, we might need FOP2 working fully on both servers.

What is the recommended procedure for this kind of transfer?

Also, speaking of licenses, I saw something about yearly renewals (or something similar). Is the license fee one-time or annual?

Thanks,

Mark
  • Hi,

It is not possible to have both servers runnings at the same time. But on the new server you can install fop2 with no license at all, it will also work but will only show 15 buttons. You might have two working server on 2.11 but not with 2.20.

The license is perpetual, but if you want updates and support past one year, there is an annual software maintenance fee.

Best regards,