Multi Tenant Setup

Hi,

I'm running a Multi Tenant Setup where I have more Asterisk servers with the same extensions. My configuration looks like this:

fop2.cfg:

[general]

; tenant 1
manager_host=xx.xx.xx.1
manager_port=5038
manager_user=fop
manager_secret=my-pwd

;tenant 2
manager_host=xx.xx.xx.2
manager_port=5038
manager_user=fop
manager_secret=my-pwd

[tenant1]
user=100:1234:all
user=101:1234:all
buttonfile=tenant1_buttons.cfg

[tenant2]
user=100:1234:all
user=101:1234:all
buttonfile=tenant2_buttons.cfg

tenant1_buttons.cfg:

type=extension
extension=100
context=from-internal
label=User 100
channel=SIP/100

type=extension
extension=101
context=from-internal
label=User 101
channel=SIP/101

tenant2_buttons.cfg:

type=extension
extension=100
context=from-internal
label=User 100
channel=SIP/100

type=extension
extension=101
context=from-internal
label=User 101
channel=SIP/101

As there is no link between bottons and servers I see activity of i. e. extension 100 on tenant 1 on both tenant-views.

The docu says:
Later, on the button definition, you might want to specify the server. If you do not specify the server in the button definition the action you perform will be broadcasted to all servers.

How can I do this? I didn't find the command to specify the server.

Comments

• FOP2 cannot track same channel names over multiple asterisk servers. There is no workaroud.

Best regards,
  • Uhh, this a big problem for me. When I read "multi tenant" I was convinced this is working. I tested the connection to different servers befor I bought the software but with different extension numbers. So this issue didn't show.

Any chance you implement this feature?

Is it possible to run a second instance of fop with different config-files?
  • You can run second instances by changing the listen_port and web_dir in each one. So you need two copies of the client files (html/fop2) , and you could use one copy of the server file but pointing to a separate config dir, or perhaps two copies of the server files too. the same channel name caveat is mentioned in the docs and the forums too, and it will not be implemented in the near future.