IE 9 works, Chrome 9 & 10 don't--on several machines

I'm evaluating FOP2, and some machines can connect using Chrome (9 and 10) and others can't (but can connect using IE).

Machine 1, Windows 7 x86, Flash Player 10.2.153.1:
Chrome 10: After login, get: "Connecting to server, attempt number..." fails eventually.
IE 9: Works fine
Firefox 4 Final: Works fine

Machine 2, Windows 7 x64, Flash Player 10.2.153.1:
Chrome 9: After login, get: "Connecting to server, attempt number..." fails eventually.
IE9: Works fine
Firefox 4 Final: Works fine

Any suggestions? I've restarted these machines and Chrome (the default browser) does not want to connect.

Thanks!

Tony

Comments

• Not sure if I have suggestions, be sure you have the adobe flash player installed, working and not blocked. Google chrome should use html5 websockets, but the feature is coming and going from browsers, so I cannot say if your supports it or not. Every version I tried myself works providing you do not block flash and have access to port 4445 on the fop2 server machine.
  • Adobe Flash Player is installed, and recently upgraded to latest version on both machines. (As evidenced by it working in FF and IE)
    No Flash blocking in Chrome on either machine.
    Port 4445 is accessible (IE and FF can connect fine)

Note: FOP2 works under Chrome 10 on two other computers in this office.

Tony
  • Again, I do not have much to say. I use google chrome in linux and osx only, not windows. But it should work the same. You can open the javascript console in chrome and paste what you see when it attempts connection. I am sure there are other users with chrome under windows working fine.

If you happen to update fop from version 2.11 to 2.20 , be sure to clear the browser cache, if you have an old 2.11 client in cache, things will act funny.