Installing FOP2 on SheevaPlug - PlugPBX

Hello,

I am trying to get FOP2 to install on a Global Scale Tech (Marvel) SheevaPlug with:

Debian 6.0 (Squeeze)
Asterisk 1.8.3.2
FreePBX 2.8.1.0

Here is my uname output:
Linux plugpbx 2.6.32-5-kirkwood #1 Wed Jan 12 15:27:07 UTC 2011 armv5tel GNU/Linux

Here is my error message when I try and start:
-bash: ./fop2_server: cannot execute binary file

Is this a 32 bit issue, or something I failed to do?

If it is a 32 bit issue, is there a way to build from source?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

FOP2 currently runs only on i386 based systems (it does not work on other platforms, like arm).
  • Thanks for the reply.

Based on the system requirements, it seems like it should run on any platform that can support linux.

C, php5, asterisk, etc.

Is there no way to compile it or install from source?

thanks.
  • It also requires a full implementation of perl 5. If you can provide the hardware we can try to compile and maintain an arm version. We have tried on embedded systems (uclinux/blackfin) but the perl available was not full featured and did not work. We also worked on a ppc version and that worked fine.
  • It has a fully functioning perl version, I believe.

Here is the info.
    This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi
    (with 51 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

The plug works really well with debian. I am sure there has been a lot of blood, sweat, & tears to get it that way. But I have found very few packages that would not install.

I don't have an extra plug lying around, sorry.

I would be happy to try and compile it if you want me to give it a whirl. I am not a linux guru, but have compiled asterisk, freepbx, etc.

I would assure you that I would not distribute anything and would happily pay the $40 if it will work and will delete it if it doesn't work at all or is not a good solution for my freephx plug phone system.

Thanks for answering my questions.
  • Hi,

Can you give me ssh access to your plug ? Packaging the server is an exercise in frustration.. I might try first to get the perl environment correct to see if it will work at all.