Action (un)pause in one queue (un)pauses in all queues

I do not know if this is behavior by design but when we pause or unpause a queue memeber by clicking on the icon in a specific queue and this person is also a member in an other queue the user becomes paused or unpaused in both queues.

We would expect that the user only is paused or unpaused in the queue where the action was given.

Queues according to Asterisk.
ast02*CLI> queue show NSO-ringall
NSO-ringall has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (0s holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members: 
      Michel Verbraak (Local/3033@from_sip_client) with penalty 10 (realtime) (paused) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
   No Callers

ast02*CLI> queue show NSO-SDenSE 
NSO-SDenSE has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'rrmemory' strategy (0s holdtime, 0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members: 
      Michel Verbraak (Local/3033@from_sip_client) with penalty 10 (realtime) (paused) (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
   No Callers

Following is the result when fop2_server is run with option -X 551
10.2.100.134    <= <msg data="NSO-ringall|queuepause|Local/3033@from_sip_client|a5d3f247cf6c032d771fb287ccb30b50" />

Validation ok, have queuemanager permissions

10.2.1.27       -> Action: QueuePause
10.2.1.27       -> Interface: Local/3033@from_sip_client
10.2.1.27       -> Paused: 1

10.2.1.27       <- Response: Success
10.2.1.27       <- Message: Interface paused successfully
10.2.1.27       <- Server: 0

10.2.1.27       <- Event: QueueMemberPaused
10.2.1.27       <- Privilege: agent,all
10.2.1.27       <- Queue: NSO-ringall
10.2.1.27       <- Location: Local/3033@from_sip_client
10.2.1.27       <- MemberName: Michel Verbraak
10.2.1.27       <- Paused: 1

** PROCESA_BLOQUE  0
** PROCESA_BLOQUE QUEUEMEMBERPAUSED 0

SET STATUS para SIP/michelv_desk = paused

** QUEUE MEMBER LIST devuelve <div class='memberready myclick' id='qm!QUEUE/NSO-RINGALL!Local/3022@from_sip_client'></div><span>Arno de Vrij</span><br class='clear'/><div class='memberready myclick' id='qm!QUEUE/NSO-RINGALL!Local/3029@from_sip_client'></div><span>Hans Langelaan</span><br class='clear'/><div class='memberpaused myclick' id='qm!QUEUE/NSO-RINGALL!Local/3024@from_sip_client'></div><span>Jeroen Werts</span><br class='clear'/><div class='memberpaused myclick' id='qm!QUEUE/NSO-RINGALL!Local/3033@from_sip_client'></div><span>Michel Verbraak</span><br class='clear'/><div class='memberready myclick' id='qm!QUEUE/NSO-RINGALL!Local/3025@from_sip_client'></div><span>Niels van de Ende</span><br class='clear'/><div class='memberready myclick' id='qm!QUEUE/NSO-RINGALL!Local/3021@from_sip_client'></div><span>Paul van Wijnbergen</span><br class='clear'/><div class='memberready myclick' id='qm!QUEUE/NSO-RINGALL!Local/3028@from_sip_client'></div><span>Rogier Schram</span><br class='clear'/><div class='memberready myclick' id='qm!QUEUE/NSO-RINGALL!Local/3026@from_sip_client'></div><span>Ronald Moesbergen</span><br class='clear'/>

10.2.1.27       <- Event: QueueMemberPaused
10.2.1.27       <- Privilege: agent,all
10.2.1.27       <- Queue: NSO-SDenSE
10.2.1.27       <- Location: Local/3033@from_sip_client
10.2.1.27       <- MemberName: Michel Verbraak
10.2.1.27       <- Paused: 1

** PROCESA_BLOQUE  0
** PROCESA_BLOQUE QUEUEMEMBERPAUSED 0

SET STATUS para SIP/michelv_desk = paused

Regards Michel.

Comments

• Behavior is intended. Pause is global, either if you activate it from a queue button or the extension action submenu.

Perhaps the queue button behavior can be changed via a global config setting on a future release? Modifying the action submenu would be kind of a problem as we will need two new menu options for every queue making it unpractical, perhaps the whole submenu will need another one for selecting the queue to perform the action... not sure. As it is an importart ui change I need to plan/think it well before the implementation. If we go granular, many people will want to have also the option to work on all queues, etc.

Best regards,
  • My suggestion would be:

- Action menu on queue button is only for actions on members of selected queue. For pause and unpause you do not need to change anything as far as I can see because the command to the fop2 server all ready contains the queue name <msg data="NSO-ringall|queuepause|Local/3033@from_sip_client|a5d3f247cf6c032d771fb287ccb30b50" /> when done on queue NSO-ringall and <msg data="NSO-SDenSE|queueunpause|Local/3033@from_sip_client|151af7d3ff12b0c2934812126e85d59e" /> when done on NSO-SDenSE.

- Action menu on extension button should not be changed. When option pause or unpause is used the user is paused in all queues. No need for pause or unpause per queue. <msg data="|queuepause|22|151af7d3ff12b0c2934812126e85d59e" />

To me it looks like the fop2_server needs to respect given queuename.

Regards,

Michel.
  • As I said, the global behavior is intended. I know that the queuepause command accepts the queue parameter, in fact the queue parameter is commented out on purpose in the source. Perhaps I will add a global setting to modify the behavior in a future release.

Best regards,
  • Ok, the next version will do what you suggest:

If pause/unpause is called from a queue button, do the pause only on that queue

If called from the extension button, do it in all queues

With no config parameter to change behavior on the queue button.
  • Nicolás,

Thank you. I have some colleagues who will be very happy because they work a few days a week for one department and a few days a week for another. With this functionality we can now let them self decide in which queue they are paused.

Any idea when the new version will become available?

Regards,

Michel.
  • I will probably release 2.21 beta soon, perhaps next week.