Transfer Parks Instead of Transfering

Hello;

We have installed 2.2 with the appropriate FreePBX admin module. Everything seems to be working except that the transfer button just sends calls to the parking lot as opposed to transferring them. (I believe it is supposed to execute an attended transfer.)

I have debugged FOP2 up to level 15 and it doesn't return any errors, it just parks the call and I have not been able to figure out why.

We are running Asterisk 1.4.22-4 under TrixBox CE 2.6.2.3

Thanks,

Comments

• Hi,

Asterisk 1.4.22 does not support attendant transfers, so fop2 will issue a redirect command to the extension@context of the target extension when pressing the transfer action button.

Are you selecting the destination extension before clicking the transfer button ? If you select the park button, it will redirect the call to the parking lot. If you want to see where is the call redirected, look for the Redirect ami command in the debug log, and look for the extension & context that the channel is redirected to.

Best regards,
  • Ok, I see what is going on now. You can chalk this up to a PEBKAC. It is working exactly as it should, I just happened to have tested the parking before I tested the transfer so the parking lot was selected.

What I was trying to do was type a number into the dial box and then hit the transfer button expecting it to transfer to what I had typed in and didn't realize the transfer button worked off of what you had selected on the screen.

I had read about an atxfer patch for Asterisk 1.4 to get attended transfer working however I didn't find any recent posts about it so I was wondering if this was still an option?

Thanks,
  • Hi,

To transfer from the dial box you have to hit ENTER on the keyboard after typing some number. The atxfer-manager.patch can be downloaded from here:

http://www.asternic.org/atxfer-manager.patch

It might not apply cleanly on every asterisk 1.4, you will probably need to tweak a little bit the source by hand.

Best regards,